Constant MSVCP71.dll error message before receiving email.

I constantly receive a pop up stating that I am missing MSVCP71.dll and after clicking ok i receive my email. This doesn’t affect me sending/receiving emails and seems to be intermittent.

When i check the error log it shows there are no errors.

I am using version 7.1.30794.0

I have tried reinstalling several times, but this does not help. Any ideas? It’s beginning to become very annoying.

Don’t think it is part of the eM Client install, because I don’t have it on my computer.

One thing you could try is to download and install the dll on your computer. Google msvcp71.dll missing , and you will get some links on how to do that.

Hi Justin,

In the caption of your screen shot is written ‘ActiveMovie’: does that mean that you have a program called ‘ActiveMovie’ which tries to play some video (maybe as part of an e-mail you’re receiving)?

Or maybe you try to send an e-mail from your ‘ActiveMovie’ program?

If I search for ‘ActiveMovie’ on the internet, I end up with a very old program: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveMovie

I’m a little wary of downloading .dll files as many are infected unless you know any good websites for .dll files?

As for “ActiveMovie” I have no such program installed, however after searching for it under Windows Start menu it brings up a .js file, which is linked to Dreamweaver CS4, which I do have installed.

If you search for this error on Google, there are a few solutions. One is to download the dll. Maybe it is a risk, but of course you can check it out with your anti-virus/malware application. Another option is to reinstall the program that it is associated with. I guess in your case that is Dreamweaver. I did see one place where it was discussed this was caused by a codec problem with KLite. I use those codecs but have never had this problem. Do you have KLite codecs installed?

Open Admin Command Prompt and insert:

sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\Msvcp71.dll

and press enter.