Constant errors when connecting to DAV Server

I get constantly errors when emClient tries to connect to the DAV (CalDav/CardDav) servers. Allegedly the server is not accessible, which is not true, because when I start the sync manually, emClient syncs all of my contacts and calendar entries. So, I suppose it has to do with the time interval that is used to sync. 

I could not find a setting which lets me specify the time that needs to pass before emClient syncs again. Can you add such an option or can I somehow influence the time period?

Thank you!

Hi, can you make a screenshot of the issue? What CalDAV/CardDAV service are you using?
You can adjust the synchronization period in Tools > Settings > General.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi there,

I am using Tine 2.0 (www.tine20.org) on a Synology NAS. The error I claims that the remote name could not be resolved, which means that the domain seems to be unavailable, which is definitely not the case, because when I again click the synchronization button, it synchronizes my caldav and carddav data without problems.

I can only adjust the synchronization period for the email accounts, not for the caldav and carddav accounts.

The problem is really annoying… so much that I think about not using emClient any longer.

Thank you!

Hi again,
can you please make a screenshot of the error? Also when it occurs switch to the log tab in the operations window and copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum.
Synchronization period in Tools > Settings > General is a setting for all your items not just email.

What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

I am using the latest version of emClient. Here is the screenshot of the error I constantly get:

And this is what is written in the log file (I anonymized the domain - but the URL is correct.)

09:31:27 Aufgaben und Termine [CalDAV / CardDAV]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: ‘my.domain.com’ —> System.Net.WebException: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'my.domain.com’09:31:27    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)

09:31:27    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

09:31:27    bei MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.RequestCommand.Execute(HttpWebRequest httpRequest, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action`1 logBody)

09:31:27    bei MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.XmlRequestCommand.Execute(HttpWebRequest httpRequest, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action`1 logBody)

09:31:27    bei MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.Connector.RunCommand(CalDavAccount account, ICommand command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

09:31:27    — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —

09:31:27    bei MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.Connector.RunCommand(CalDavAccount account, ICommand command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

09:31:27    bei MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

09:31:27    bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi again, is this by any chance a Yahoo account (Yahoo hosting service)?
Can you please tell me the exact version number from Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul.

No, as I mentioned above, it is a Tine 2.0 account (www.tine20.org), which is a groupware coded in php. I installed it on my Synology NAS. I am using it to synchronize my calendars and contacts. The synchronization with my iPhone, Galaxy S5 and iPad works like a charm. Only emClient produces this kind of problems, although the remote name is available and does exist.

The exact emClient version is: 6.0.20648.0

Can you please try to update to this version of eM Client if the issue persists? http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20715/setup.msi

If the issue still occurs, go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on CalDAV logging for the problematic account.

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.