Connection to Centurylink.net?

Cannot connect.  The port settings seem to be correct.   I go to tools-accounts-diagnostics.  SMPT port 587 immediately connects “ok”.  POP3 reports “server not responding”…  I click “FIX” and it tries port 110 for half a minute, then port 995 with “pop3s” for another half minute, then back to port 110 with the message box “server requires authentication…”   I click “yes” to send credentials and it immediately reports “settings have been fixed”.   I click O.K. then to the main menu “Send and Receive”.   Nothing happens.   I go back to tools–accounts.   The port settings remain correct, but when I go to diagnostics, both SMTP and POP3 have a question mark followed by “UNKNOWN”.   Please help.

Hello, not quite sure what you’re referring to, if you’re seeing any errors thrown by the application, can you please make a screenshot of the error thrown and submit it to us here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Regards,

Paul, I gave you a very detailed explanation of the problem with step by step reporting.   The application does not “throw errors” in this case, so there is no error message.   The problem is that the pop3 setting that is “fixed” (port 110)  is not saved by the application.   After it has been “fixed”, the next time the diagnostics window is opened, the port settings are gone.    Please read my explanation again and if you still need a screenshot, tell me at what step you want it.
To answer your questions, I am using version 6.0.22344.0 on a Windows 8.1 computer.  You ask “what mail service”?   The title of my post is "connection to centurylink.net?

I believe the port will be changing back to 110 due to wrong security policy setup for the outgoing server, make sure you’re using either “Force usage of SSL/TLS” with port 587 or “Use SSL/TLS if available”, however I recommend using the first option.

Regards,