connection failed (zoho mail)

Well, I see some people had the very same problem with eM. I have a zoho mail account, it uses smtp+imap. Everything works fine in Thunderbird, but I was annoyed with TBD as it seems very very heavy at times. I found some article praising eM and hoped to use it as my TBD replacement. eM successfully imported TBD settings, including message filters, but then kept annoying me with “Connecting to [email protected] failed [IMAP] An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.”. Of course I’ve checked settings, and even clicked “Diagnose”. Everything’s in order, yet this error keeps occuring.

Here’s the log:

12:32:13 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Failed opening connection to server. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.201.154.17:993
12:32:13 PM    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
12:32:13 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__9()
12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func1 getStream)<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()<br>12:32:13 PM --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.FolderInfo.CreateConnectionContext()<br>12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.CopyCommand.ProcessCopy(WorkerStatus status, FolderInfo sourceFolderInfo, IList1 items, SequenceSet sequences)
12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.CopyCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
12:32:13 PM at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

Hi,
what antivirus software do you use and do you have Windows firewall enabled? Please make exception in these programs for eM Client and see if the issue persists.

Regards,
Olivia