'Connection failed due to temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings'

When starting eM Client and sometimes during use I get a popup box which says: 

“[IMAP] An attempt to connect to ******@hotmail.com failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.”

Occasionally eM Client also refuses to download messages saying “The message will be downloaded next time you are online”. In between getting these errors eM Client works fine.

I’m using version 6.0.21040.0
Connecting to Hotmail via IMAP

Hi Adam, can you please try to update your application to this release and check if the issue persists? http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi

Note that eM client by default only downloads the headers of emails so in case you try to open a message before the download was complete, the body may still be missing, however you should be able to avoid this by using the “Download messages for offline use” option which will enable automatic downloading the bodies of emails.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the response. The error dialogue problem still persists after the update
Regards,
Adam

Hi again Adam, when the error occurs, can you please switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,
Here is the error log (with email addresses redacted). I have three accounts Hotmail, Gmail and my own domain AdamTassle. The error only seems to occur with Hotmail.

17:36:27 Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability
17:36:27 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@gmail.com/
17:36:27 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder list
17:36:27 ****@adamtassle.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@adamtassle.com/
17:36:27 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: For folder ****@hotmail.com/Inbox
17:36:27 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@hotmail.com/
17:36:28 ****@adamtassle.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:28 ****@adamtassle.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@adamtassle.com/Inbox
17:36:28 ****@adamtassle.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:28 ****@adamtassle.com [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder ****@adamtassle.com/Inbox
17:36:28 ****@adamtassle.com [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: Done
17:36:28 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder list
17:36:28 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder list
17:36:29 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:29 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@gmail.com/Inbox
17:36:29 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder list
17:36:29 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:29 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@gmail.com/[Gmail]
17:36:29 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder list
17:36:30 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder list
17:36:30 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:30 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder ****@gmail.com/Inbox
17:36:30 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘****@gmail.com/****s/’
17:36:30 ****@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: Done
17:36:30 ****@gmail.com [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘****@[gmail.com/****@gmail.com](mailto:gmail.com/ **** @gmail.com)/’
17:36:33 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:33 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder ****@hotmail.com/Inbox
17:36:33 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: Done
17:36:33 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: For folder ****@hotmail.com/Inbox
17:36:40 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:36:40 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder ****@hotmail.com/Inbox
17:36:40 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: Done
17:36:40 ****@hotmail.com [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException:
17:36:40 (Connection terminated)
17:36:40 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
17:36:40 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFlagsCommand.ExecuteInternal2(WorkerStatus status, ConnectionContext context)
17:36:40 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFlagsCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
17:36:40 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:36:40 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi again Adam, are you using any firewall, proxy or any other security software on your computer, that woud disable the application’s ability to connect to your server, based on the look on this log, it seems the connection is being disrupted on your network.

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks Paul. I will test this and report back

Hi Paul, message still present even with the email & firewall sections of my antivirus turned off.

Trial period runs out today and I’d very much like to buy if I can solve this issue!
Kind regards,
Adam 

Hi again Adam, I’m afraid this might be a server issue, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the problematic account, 

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “send logs” and send the logs to my email mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic.

Regards,
Paul

I am getting this same error for my ewest@ediewestrealty.com email which is through outlook 365. Here is the log. it downloaded all the emails and files just fine but now wont connect.

It says i cannot paste the log here cuz i am a new user.