connection error

after initial email check at random intervals my email accounts get a connection error.
message suggests that it could be a server error - which is ridiculous as windows live mail for the same email accounts/settings never did this

error message suggests checking account settings - which changes nothing.

this is clearly a software problem. judging by the lack of responses for identical problems posted - it’s a waste of time tryign to get this fixed.

Can you give the error you are getting?

Which identical posts are you referring to?

i’m getting the all-too-familiar error that all of these people were/are getting.

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/error_connecting-t1q0k

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/connecting-error-euqdcfg223ew

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/intermittent-connection-problem-and-error

this is not a server or mailbox issue. this is clearly emclient software issue - otherwise it, how is it managing to download mail initially and with random success?

this really is pretty terrible software

the reason you may be getting disconnected is that the email will send a response to the server t see if it will respond in a proper time.  if the server does not it will disconnect.  check your setting and contact your email provider to make sure your incoming and outgoing ports are properly set the reason windows mail did not do this was it has built in drives and such by windows em client is a software in it self

we’re on 100mbps virgin fibe broadband and have never had any issues with email prior to using emclient.

replies are nothing more than blame shifting

if that is the case than quit using Em Client and find some other second rated mail program

I don’t think that these are all the same problem. Without the error you are receiving, it is impossible to tell what the problem is.

I think the solution for you might be to uninstall this pretty terrible software and try something else.

i have the same issue. other mail programmes download emails fine. Bluemail, outlook etc.

Are you getting your email?  These messages can be annoying but may not be harmful.  If the server does not respond to eM Client its timeout, it will throw these messages.  It will again try to connect and be successful.  Unfortunately, you can’t alter the timeout duration.  But you can turn off the messages by going to menu/tools/settings/general and in the “Operations Window” section, un-check “Show window when error occurs”.

More often than not (at least once per day) I get a connection error on one of my 5 accounts:

It has of course nothing to do with server unavailability or incorrect settings, since Outlook does not have this problem at all. The “offending” acount is my default account and is set to sync first. The error only happens when I start em Client. New mails are not received then.
Since hitting the “refresh” button solves the problem, I have until today not bothered to report this bug. It has been there for several versions and I think it is time that eM Client folks looked into this matter, since it seems some customers may be jumpimg ship. I think I will also open a support ticket.

Quick question-- do you have eM Client open automatically with Windows?  It could be that when the mail is first checked, the internet connection has not been properly established.

No Jay,  i open eM Client seperately after Windows is running. Even when windows has been running for hours before starting em Client, I often, but not always, get this error. It seems that there is a sort of “hickup” when eM Client tries to connect to the first account; the next four accounts have no problem.
But as I said, hitting “refresh” solves the problem. So, not really serious, but annoying nevertheless.

I am experience the same problem since updating emclient by early this year. Here is the error report from my emclient:

13:36:50 [email protected] [SMTP]  Verbindung wird aufgebaut: An [email protected]
13:36:50 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Die Verbindung schlug fehl:
13:36:50     “Fehler bei SSPI-Aufruf, siehe interne Ausnahme.” —> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Fehler bei SSPI-Aufruf, siehe interne Ausnahme. —> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Das Format der empfangenen Nachricht war unerwartet oder fehlerhaft
13:36:50    — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
13:36:50    bei System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
13:36:50    bei MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.StartTls()
13:36:50    bei MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
13:36:50    — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —
13:36:50    bei MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
13:36:50    bei MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
13:36:50    bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

When I will push the “refresh” button to re-send the eMail it works. However the erorr occurs every time emclient tries to send the eMail the first time…