Conflict with Adobe Acrobat Reader

This is really wierd.

If I open a pdf document attached to an email in eMClient and print it, and then try to print another document (being a word processor document, spreadsheet document etc… ) the second document will not print.  The only way to print is to restart my computer.

If I open the same document with my old email client there is no problem.

I’m using Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Epson WF3640 printer.

I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat and re-installed it.  Made no difference.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Maybe try another pdf application.

Sorry but 7 days to respond, and only a suggestion to try another application?

A suggestion to replace one of the world’s most popular applications?

Seriously? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I guess no users had any suggestions, therefore no comment. If you want immediate support directly from eM Client Inc., you can purchase a Pro License and open a support ticket directly with them.

So Adobe Acrobat Reader is not as popular as you might think. Just to check I searched for the best pdf readers, and in none of the 7 review sites that I looked at, was it listed in the top few applications. Web browsers like Edge and Chrome can open pdf files, so there is actually no need to install extra software if you already have one of those, but if you want to go that way, an extremely light-weight free application like Sumatra is an excellent free alternative to Acrobat. Many eBook readers also do a really good job with pdfs.

To try it out, you can install another application without removing Acrobat, or just change your default application preferences to point to Edge or Chrome.

Another thing to consider is updating eM Client. If you are not already using the latest version available to download from the Release History, do that and see if there is any difference. Often something like this may have already been flagged as an issue, and been fixed.

The version 8 betas are also available for download, and I was unable to reproduce your issue using the latest one.

What eM Client version?
Isn’t the message digitaly subscribed? (typical when someone sends invoice in PDF…)