Computer will not load new versions of eMClient

Hi Experts All,
My computer runs Windows 7 64 bit with 8GB of RAM and SSD and HDD.
However every time eMClient sends out a new version my computer will download it, but when I ask it to install eMClient, up comes a notice saying “… cannot continue as another installation is in progress” (with the bong of death!) My eMClient is version 6.
All other programs install rapidly, smoothly and without the accompanying bong of death.
Please do not suggest that I downgrade to the OS of death, Windows 10, life is too short to cater for the geek’s of Microsoft latest ideas of torture.
If you can help an OAP to enjoy the last years of his life, emailing his equally old friends and family, I should be eternally grateful.
John

Once you have downloaded the installation file, how about restarting Windows 7 in safe mode and trying the installation from there?

Gary, you are a wizard!! For the first time in a number of years, I now have an up to date version of eMClient.
I’m going to open a new folder with your instructions in it (poor memory @ 77 years old), in order to download AND install the next version of eMClient. It will give me something to look forward to, other than Covid, in the years to come.
Very many thanks, you are a pal,
John

1 Like