Client Will not Run on Latest Build of Windows 10

Latest EM Client will not start after updating to Windows 10 version 10.0.14316 Build 14316. I have uninstalled, cleaned all registry entries, ran Windows compatibility check, and made sure .net Framework is running. The client indicates a successful install but will not give indication of starting. It does show it is running in Task Manager. I am running a 64 bit computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Dennis,
have you treid ending it through the Task Manager and then starting it again?
Which version of eM Client have you tried to install - version 6 or the version 7 BETA?
Have you tried deleting the database folder? (C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client)

Regards,
Olivia

Yes, I did stop program via Task Manager and deleted the database in the App Data Folder.

I do not have access to version 7 beta. Would I be able to try this?

The program was working until I received the latest Windows 10 update.

Again, I have totally uninstalled the program again using Revo Installer so I could get a complete removal. I restarted and then reinstalled EM Client but it still refuses to start.

Please advise.

Hello Dennis,
the BETA is available on our blog here.

I suggest using the same installation file you used to install eM Client to uninstall it again.

Regards,
Olivia

The BETA version worked.  I did a complete uninstall of the original client and reinstalled the BETA.

Thanks for the great support!

Hello Dennis,
glad to hear the issue was solved :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia