Click on Inbox to recieve mail

This is a huge feature I miss from TB. Having to go and click in the toolbar then find the account and click receive all messages is too many steps. I would have 10-15 accounts in this if I switch and just want to click on the inbox and have it check that account.

Is this something that will ever be possible?

Thanks

Hello,

Email accounts on IMAP synchronize 24/7, that means when email arrives onto server it is instantly downloaded and on the other side when sending email it is almost instantly sent to server.

for other email accounts (POP3 for example) this will not be implemented as there is already button for it on toolbar or you can do it by shortcut “F5” (in6th version it will be customizable).

regards
Jan

Hi Jan, that is even worse in my case. I use a stand alone program to check mail from all accounts called Mailwasher. I get to see all inboxes at once, VERY helpful with 10-12 email accounts. I delete 50% of these and don’t want them going to my received folder. I use a rule to move them to a received folder so this Mailwasher windows is not full of emails. TB works perfectly for this.

So if the 24/7 is happening can’t the check mail be turned off.

So why is there a send and receive if it is syncing the inbox? Wouldn’t that just be happening anyway?

Is there anyway to make the connection only when I want to by clicking on a folder?

I don’t want to automatically receive emails if possible.

There a many positive features I like very much. This would just make more work for me but may not be a deal breaker. It would just be nice to have the sync off until you open a folder and then have it apply any rule.

Hello,

Well eM Client is not designed to work with external email client/software but antiviruses and firewalls.
Anyway you can turn off automatic sync in Tools - General - General - Synchronization.

No, connection only by clicking on inbox can’t be made, it might sound easy to do but eM Client is not designed for this, I don’t say it is not useful idea and it will be forgotten completely but please don’t expect this in close future.

you can also choose under Tools - Accounts - email account which email accounts will be synced “globally” and which not. I understand that it is not exactly what you are looking for but it might be useful for you.

best regards
Jan

Actually, it may not be to bad now that I think of it. It may even be better. Applying a rule manually might be a solution then. Is that possible or are the rules solely automatic?

Thanks

Hello,

I can’t imagine what do you mean exactly, but that function in tools - accounts “Include when sending and receiving emails” simply opt-out that account from automatic synchronization check in Tools - General - General - Synchronization.

but it will be synchronized when you press button “Send and receive.”.

Anyway I have just remembered that near “Send and receive.” is little gray button with drop down menu when you can choose to synchronize only account you want to and even to choose if you want to send or receive only.

I hope this helps you even more :slight_smile:

regards
Jan

Can the rule to move messages be manually run only. Then having the sync on would not matter.

Is there a way to set the rule for me to move inbox messages to a different folder only when I apply it?

Thanks

Hello,

if you mean rules in Tools - Rules they are always automatic, you can set them only to some accounts or manually disable them for a while but you cant make them ask you if you want them to apply.

so to your both questions, not it is not possible.

regards
Jan

EDIT: I feel now great shame, but you can after disabling rules in Tools - Rules, right click on inbox - Apply rule… and choose what you want to do.

I hope that this is what you’ve been asking for

and once more sorry for confusing answer

reagrds
Jan

Thanks looks fine

you are welcome.

Jan