Clear Junk box

Is there any method to clear all from the Junk box?
I would have liked to see a “Empty Junk” in the right-click menu similar to the “empty Trash” in the Trash folder. Presently I seem to have to send each item individually to the Trash folder!

Hello,

you can right click on Junk/Trash folder and select “Empty Trash/Junk”

best regards
Jan

Hi John,

My Junk folder is separate to the Trash folder. Right click on the Junk does not give an “Empty Junk” option! Are you suggesting I should try to combine them into one Junk/Trash folder? If I tried that would the Junk still arrive in it OK?

If you put another folder under trash it will be deleted when “empty trash” as well, what email service provider do you use?
I see on my google mail account having separate Junk E-Mail and Trash also but both offers same “Empty …” dialog on right click.

Is your Junk by any chance created by yourself?

regards
Jan

Hi John,

Before installing emClient I was using Outlook, and my folders were picked up from it, as far as I know. My email is Hotmail.
If I create a folder under Trash for Junk, and then delete the existing Junk folder, will my junk mail be directed automatically to this new folder? If so, that would be OK if both these folders are emptied under right-click.

I would also like to confirm I am having the same issue with my Hotmail account which was previously handled via Outlook. For some reason when I right click on the Junk folder, there is no option there to “empty junk mail” even though it is a default Hotmail folder for junk, if I delete the folder it will then reappear whenever any junk mail comes through.

Hello,

Yes, I see it in my own Hotmail account too that Junk does not offer it.

I will talk about this tomorrow with developer who works on Hotmail implementation, until I will know more you can use workaround, select email in “Junk folder” use shortcut “ctrl + a” and then delete :slight_smile:

regards
Jan

Any idea when this will be fixed? It’s a bit annoying, and has been a bug for the life of the product :slight_smile:

Hi, we have no ETA on this. It is not bug but missing feature with quite simple workaround so we focus on other issues and features at this moment.

Jan