Choose Folder now hangs

When I try to choose a new folder to move mail to whether from within the client or when creating a rule, the client seems to hang. I can escape out, but the choose folder never gives me a list of folders to choose from. That means that I can no longer create new rules. This used to work. Do you know what changed or how I can fix it.

The window is off-screen.

Try again, and when you don’t see the popup, hover your mouse over the task bar icon for that window. Right-click in the thumbnail preview and choose Move. Use the keyboard arrow keys to bring it back on-screen.

I needed to wait until I returned home from vacation to get to a place where I could try this and make sure that the popup wasn’t on my second screen which was at my house, not on vacation. That wasn’t the problem. I have closed down all of my windows, and the popup was not to be seen. The only window I wasn’t able to close was the main emClient window. And I shrunk it down as much as possible. That one stayed open.

When I try to move an email, I click on the email from the list and choose “move to folder” and a cascading dropdown appears with a list of previous folders and a pick to Choose Folder. If a select Choose Folder, emClient seems to go away expecting me to be able to select a new folder. However, I cannot see one. It is not on another screen. It is not hidden. There is not a new task created that I can see using Task Manager. I can get back to emClient using the esc key and I can copy the email to a folder not on the list by dragging the email to a folder on the folder list. The folder that I drag the email to doesn’t get added to the list of folders on the cascading list that is shown when I choose “move to folder”. But the Choose folder list doesn’t work.

I see similar behavior when I try to create a rule, which means I cannot create any rules that copy to a folder. I am a retired software developer, so if you have any suggestions that are technically complicated, I can follow them since I do know what I am doing. I developed for over 45 years.

This used to work. It is very irritating and make emClient somewhat difficult to use.

TIA
Karen Lahey

When I try to move an email, I click on the email from the list and choose “move to folder” and a cascading dropdown appears with a list of previous folders and a pick to Choose Folder. If a select Choose Folder, emClient seems to go away expecting me to be able to select a new folder. However, I cannot see one. It is not on another screen. It is not hidden.

When you click on “Choose folder”, can you screenshot what appears and paste it in this thread.

Sorry, but if I hit any key to try to capture the screen, it closes the popup. So I don’t have anyway to capture the screen. Do you have any suggestions? Do you want me to invite you to a zoom and I could share my screen?

It is off-screen.

Just hover your mouse over the taskbar icon for that window and by right-click choose Move. Then use your keyboard arrow keys to bring it back on-screen.

If you can’t manage that, close eM Client set your desktop resolution to a lower setting. Then start eM Client and try again. The window should be on-screen. Then exit eM Client and return the desktop resolution back to what it was.

Changing the resolution worked.

Hovering over the taskbar did not work on Windows 11.