ChatGPT integration

I’m quite surprised that nobody asked for this before. I would love to see a OpenAI ChatGPT (Plus) integration in eM Client (via API key) that allows automatic drafting of emails, auto completion, text optimization etc. Technologically that shouldn’t be that far fetched and other companies/mail software will definitely roll out such features in the next weeks. Further functionalities could become more complicated but helpful, some examples for that would be automatic personalized replies (with rules), intelligent detection of duplicates, calendar automations (reschedule, free time assignments, …) or contacts management (auto completion of missing fields with Internet resources, unifying of contact details, …).

And while you’re at it, I would recommend to make that API integration universal. That would allow usage of tools like LanguageTool for spell checking as well.

5 Likes

Google and Microsoft fairly recently just showed how ChatGPT will be used in their products, including Outlook, so not surprised nobody has really asked for it until now. I agree that this would be a great addition to eM Client at some point using a ChatGPT Plus based integration in eM Client by way of a API key being added to unlock that type of functionality.

Of course all of this is fairly new and not yet released in either the Google or Microsoft email clients, but it will be coming soon and getting a jump on such features might be a good idea for a future version of eM Client (version 10??) and the mobile apps.

So I second the vote for this as a feature I would like to see in eM Client at some point in the future.

1 Like

I use ChatGPT all the time to reduce my verbose email communication. It’s would be super handy to have this integrated into eM Client!

1 Like

I asked to Googoe Bard as " does eMclient mail client is aplicable to use GPT for Gmail?" Below answers;

"Yes, eM Client is applicable to use GPT for Gmail. eM Client is a free and open-source email client that supports multiple accounts, including Gmail. It also has a built-in text editor that can be used to compose emails. GPT is a large language model that can be used to generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. To use GPT with eM Client, you will need to install the GPT plugin. Once the plugin is installed, you can open the text editor and select the “GPT” tab. This will allow you to enter text and have GPT generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way.

Here are the steps on how to use GPT with eM Client:

1. Install the GPT plugin for eM Client.
  2. Open the text editor in eM Client.
  3. Select the “GPT” tab.
  4. Enter text in the text box.
  5. Click on the “Generate” button.
  6. GPT will generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way.

Here are some examples of how you can use GPT with eM Client:

• You can use GPT to generate text for emails. For example, you can use GPT to generate a subject line, a body, or even an entire email.
  • You can use GPT to translate languages. For example, you can use GPT to translate an email from English to Spanish.
  • You can use GPT to write different kinds of creative content. For example, you can use GPT to write a poem, a script, or a musical piece.
  • You can use GPT to answer your questions in an informative way. For example, you can use GPT to answer questions about the weather, current events, or anything else you can think of.

GPT is a powerful tool that can be used to do many different things. By using GPT with eM Client, you can extend the capabilities of your email client and make it even more powerful."

Ready to use CHATGPT?

1 Like

Hello,

and where can i get the “GPT plugin for eM Client.” ?

There is no such thing.

I think @Sun-Ho_Frank_Kim posted the Bard response above (with all its false information) just to show how unreliable ChatGPT is. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d like to shamelessly bump this request.

Loads of email clients are coming out with this feature now, but eM Client is still my favorite by a large margin.

Please, let’s get this feature implemented! :smiley:

jueves 01 junio 2023 :: 1836hrs (UTC +0100)

I am not certain that I correctly understand the term “bump”. Is it “for” or “against”?
Personally I can not see that there would be any possible benefit with the introduction of ChatGPT;
quite the reverse!

For those who do not know, in brief simple terms…
ChatGPT is a natural language processing tool AI technology driven that allows users to have human-like conversations and much more with the chatbot.
The language model can answer questions and assist with tasks, such as composing emails, essays, and in some instances computer code.

This, of course is only my opinion, though I do believe it is an opinion that is shared by many - and growing.

Just a thought, do you know if I composed the above, or was it ChatGPT generated?

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like