Chat can't connect Windows 8.1

Every time I try to connect to chat I receive the following error:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

My colleagues using Windows 7 do not have this problem. Note: adding eM Client to Windows Firewall allowed applications did not resolve the issue.

Here is the actual error log:

10:38:23.443|013|   OnError: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
10:38:23.443|013|      — End of inner exception stack trace —
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
10:38:23.443|013|      at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
10:38:23.443|013|      at bedrock.net.AsyncSocket.StartTLS()
10:38:23.459|013|   OnError: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
10:38:23.459|013|      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
10:38:23.459|013|      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Are you seeing any errors from the application? What chat service are you having issues with?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, Paul. Thanks for the quick reply.

I’m using version 6.0.20648.0.

The only error thrown by the application is:

The chat service we are using is XMPP/Jabber

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on XMPP logging for the problematic account?
Save the settings, Restart the application and replicate the issue.
When  the issue occurs again and the error is shown, can you go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected]?
Also please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks, Paul. I’ve sent the logs you asked for. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

-Brandon

Hi, are you using any other firewall/proxy/antivirus software on your computer except Windows Firewall?
Seems like the server is dropping the connection, can you try to remove and add the account to eM Client again (or just disable the account and add a new one)?

Thank you,
Paul.

No other firewalls besides Windows Firewall.
Proxy is set to Automatic Proxy Setup.
No other antivirus besides Windows Defender.
Deleted old account, created new account, same issue.

Any other ideas?

Hi again, this error that you can see in the log can only be caused by incorrect settings or when being hidden behind a firewall, can you please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your jabber account?
If you don’t want to post it here on the forum can you please send it to me to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks, Paul. I’ve sent you mail with the information you asked for.