Certain Messages not downloaded from server

No just set up the same account differently in sM Client. Basically, you’re just changing the way eM Client accesses the data.

Well I have switched over to a POP3  account but there are  still new messages on the server (that arrived long after I switched over to a POP3 account) that are not being transferred . 
I also notice that all of the messages that were sent to my server online while I had the IMAP setup were not deleted, even though I specified in EMClient to keep messages on the server for only 90 days. Many of the messages that EMClient sent to the server under the IMAP setup were years old. Manually deleting those on the server is not easy to do, but  I am much more concerned about the problem of EMClient not downloading new messages).

Under IMAP, eM Client will synchronize all messages-- there is no option to limit the scope of the synchronization.  The time parameter to keep messages on the server relates only to POP3 accounts.

I’m not sure why certain emails are not downloading.  But remember, POP3 only downloads messages that are in the server inbox, if you move them to another folder prior to POP3 download, they will not download to the client.

Spectrum has IMAP issues, maybe there is some problem with POP3 also.

I have been having the problem described in the original post. I tried Repair a couple of times with no success. Then, I tried selecting all the messages online and setting them to Unread (I had glanced at some of them, and moved them off to another folder where they ended up Read). This time, they downloaded just fine.

I have been having the problem described in the original post. I tried Repair a couple of times with no success. Then, I tried selecting all the messages online and setting them to Unread (I had glanced at some of them, and moved them off to another folder where they ended up Read). This time, they downloaded just fine.

Are you using POP3?  If so, eM Client will only download new messages from the server inbox.  Therefore, if you view them or move them in another client before they are downloaded by eM Client, they won’t download.

A solution might be to setup the account in eM Client as IMAP, which will replicate the messages on the server, regardless if they have been moved or read.  Note:  you cannot change an account from POP3 to IMAP in eM Client.  You will have to create a new account and delete the old one.