category colors keep changing

I can set some categories & colors just fine. I set some categories & colors and when I come back to the calender the next day the colors have been changed.

Hi David, sorry to see this, but not completely sure what calendar colors you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the issue? Have you categorized your events or changed the color of your calendar folders in the left pane?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul

Hello Paul, the version is 6.0.21372.0. Yes I have categorized my calendar events. I set up a new category for doctor appointments with a color of red. A day later the color has changed to light blue with a slightly different description. I use gmail as my email service.

Hi David, this is definitely an odd behavior, however I believe this is not caused by the application, are you able to replicate this issue? If so, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable GData logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the send logs button.

Please submit the logging data to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

Local eM Client calendar settings are overridden by calendar colors set directly in the google calendar web interface.

Hello Calendar colours are different from category colours, if you assign a category to your calendar event it will be coloured with the category colour, based on your application settings. Calendar colours can be setup in the calendar preferences, to open it’s preferences right click the calendar in the left pane and select Properties, a new window will open allowing you to select the colour.

Local eM Client colours are used as the calendar colour can’t be synchronised from the server or to it, that’s unfortunately not supported,

Regards,