CARDDAV setup

I have been using Carddav with BT Yahoo successfully for some time.  It works now on release 7.0.27943.0 but was originally configured on an earlier release.  Carddav works as a service on an existing IMAP account.

I am now trying to set up an identical configuration on a new computer with the same 7.0.27943.0 release.  I cannot see how to add Carddav to an IMAP account. If I set up a new Carddav only account it only lets me define a Contacts folder in the Local directory and does not synchronise.

help please!

Hello Simon,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.Are you getting any errors/messages? If it is so, could you please post a screenshot of the messages/errors that the program displays and also the log from the tab Log in the Operations window (Menu->Tools->Operations)? Just select all with Ctrl+A and use Ctrl+V to copy it here.

Thank you,
Maurice

No  error messages.  As I said, I don’t see how to do it!!

Hello Simon,

In that case, please try adding the calendar again and then go to Menu->Tools->Operations, open the Log tab, select all with Ctrl+A and use Ctrl+V to copy it here.
It’s possible that Yahoo has started implementing some other security measures that are not documented and setting the account up might be problematic. You could also try creating a backup of your original set up and then restoring it on your new device.

Thank you,
Maurice

Thanks for the reply, Maurice!

As I said I don’t know how to add a CARDDAV service to an existing account.  I don;t see any way to do it.  Nothing to do with Yahoo - I can’t try it because I don’t know how to start to do it (although I did it before in an earlier release!)

Hello Simon,

The CardDAV is added either automatically when you’re setting up an account, or separately through Menu ->Tools -> Accounts - ‘plus’ button. Afterwards, you should be able to assign that contact book as the default one for your account via Menu ->Tools -> Accounts - the relevant account - CardDAV tab - Default folders - Select.

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks for this Maurice.  Following your instructions, I have set up a new CardDAV account and I have assigned the contact book to the existing account as you say.  But I am using the free version of the program, which will restrict me to only 2 accounts at the end of the trial period!  In my other machine I have a single account with a CardDAV tab as well as an email one (set up in a previous release).  Even if I delete all the accounts and set up new ones, I don’t see how to specify CardDAV as well as email!