Carddav labels in sidebar

Hi,

I’m using nextcloud to sync my contacts. As folder aren’t supported, is it possible to show contact-labels in the sidebar like it is possible for emails? This would really help to filter and find contacts.

regards, Frank

Not possible at present, but seems like a really good idea.

All you can do at the moment is sort the contacts by tag.

1 Like

Sorting by tags is a workaround, but with over 600 contacts, it’s still a very long list to scroll down.

Maybe I’ll split the contacts into different address books. This way I have a sort of folder in the sidebar.

But first I have to look at the other apps that synchronize with nextcloud. Fritzbox, Davx etc. could have problems with multiple address books.

If emClient would show the tags in the sidebar, that would be the best solution.

By the way, I really like emClient. The Pro license is definitely worth the money and the support here is great. Thank you :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yes, I just realized that is exactly what happens with Google Contacts sub-folders as in my screenshot. So clicking on the Coworkers folder shows only those contacts, but clicking on the top-level Contacts folder shows all contacts.

I would also like to see this feature of being able to have the tags shown in the sidebar. @Gary is this on the roadmap at all?

I have tried creating multiple address books but my provider only supports a single address book :frowning:

1 Like

I am not sure if it is planned or not, so I will change this thread to a feature request.

1 Like

Great. Thanks @Gary Here is hoping it makes it into a release at some point.