Can't start after update and restart of PC

Hi…I just updated and restarted PC but clicking on the Shortcuts does not start EM Client. Does not open…Any ideas are appreciated as usual…Bill

Perhaps there is an instance already active. Check the task manager for an existing instance and end that instance.

Hi…no nothing for EMC is listed in task manager

By “shortcuts” are you referring to a desktop icon?
Upgraded to what version?

I upgraded to the new version…I think ver 8…restarted the pc…and my pre existing shortcut on desktop woud not open the email client…tried a new shortcut etc but still will not open…Re-booted again still will not open…checked task manager and do not see EM client listed…checked the program folder and it is full of lines of data many dozens…found on that say EM Client.exe…clicked it and not happened…

Correction…I upgraded to the new Version 9…

Here’s what sys restore says as info for versions etc…

If you are comfortable executing these steps, give this a try:

(1) Delete any installation files you have downloaded.
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place.
(3) If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client
(4) Download and install the latest version from Release History.
(5) The latest version of eM Client should then start with all your data in place.

1 Like

Hi…I just updated and restarted PC but clicking on the Shortcuts does not start EM Client

What version of Windows are you running?

Hi Cyberzork…Win 10…How did you restart?

Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling as @sunriseal already advised above, after doing that and rebooting as per the normal Start / Shutdown / Reboot, try manually running eM Client via the mail client exe file located in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder.

If that then opens ok, create a new shortcut from the exe icon in eM Client program files folder and delete the old shortcut on the desktop.

If you still couldn’t run eM Client via the new shortcut, start menu or program files folder, then something in Windows profile itself is the issue presenting it from starting up. I’d be then looking at seeing what’s in your startup folder in Win 10.

I followed sunriseal and cyberzork…and am now fully back in business…100%…Thank you soooo much…Bill

1 Like