can't send email

i am able to write an email and click on send. for some reason, it sits in the outbox and does not get sent. what can i do?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, post it here.
Then send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check “SMTP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

There is no error message. The email just sits in the outbox.

Sorry, the error message says that bizmail is not supported on the server.

As I wrote you above - send us your SMTP log please. It would tell us more.

It says “there are no logging files, thus no logs can be sent”

Did you try to send an email during the logging?

Here is my error log:
9:43:54 PM Aol (greenbbf) [SMTP] Connecting: To Aol (greenbbf)
9:43:55 PM Aol (greenbbf) [SMTP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Connect failed with reason:
9:43:55 PM “The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.” —> System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
9:43:55 PM at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
9:43:55 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
9:43:55 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
9:43:55 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
9:43:55 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
9:43:55 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi, could you tell me your email service provider?

Jan