Can't send but receiving -Hotmail

Looks like the Devs took care of it by releasing update build number: 9.2.1577. Sending again like normal. Yea!

Do you mean the problem has now been fixed? and we do not need the work-around?

I’m not able to send Hotmail accounts and I’ve downloaded the latest version of em client

@Rahulpatel

I’m not able to send Hotmail accounts and I’ve downloaded the latest version of em client

Have you done the eM Client workaround as per the post near the top of this post ?

ie now all users who want to use microsoft mail will have to perform the “bypass manoeuvre” and what will cmclient do? waiting for what? :sleepy:

We have provided a workaround until your email provider can fix the problem.

Here is the link again in case you missed it: Problems when sending emails via SMTP with outlook.com accounts

viernes 10 febrero 2023 :: 1450hrs (UTC +0100)

Yes, it is “another” update within a few days from v9.2.1553 to v9.2.1577 with no notification and as if by magic there is no reference to v9.2.1553 it is as if it never existed!
Whatever the reason I am not impressed.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

I forgot I had used the work around a day earlier. The Terminal command was not necessary, besides it does not work . Just release all permissions for EM Client on your M$ account. Then download and install the Registry Mod file they provide.

https://support.emclient.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/256/7/cannot-send-emails-for-outlookcom-accounts---authentication-aborted

The terminal command is for Mac users only.

It won’t work on a PC. :wink:

1 Like

This seems to be a very common tactic by eM Client these days to randomly remove release notes. I’m surprised we’re not (yet) gaslight into being told it’s just part of “housekeeping”.

eM Client needs to fix this. I’m not holding my breath Microsoft will resolve this issue with Hotmail/Outlook web base0d mail. They can’t even get Windows 11 right, most people are still (prefer) using W10.

Many folks can’t afford a new system, but more importantly Microsoft seems to have a “quality control” and more warped engineering concept with Windows these days.

Microsoft wants people to use either their [ad] web based email or switch to Office 365 (also web based sans the ads).

The other option is to buy an inexpensive (legitimate) lifetime license for Office 2021 online from Stackocial and others. At least this way you’re assure of compatibility as long as that’s supported too instead of investing another dollar in eM Client.

If eM Client doesn’t fix this, I will be ditching eM Client for offline Office 2021 which has Outlook (something most people use anyway).

@LL7977

If eM Client doesn’t fix this, I will be ditching eM Client for offline Office 2021 which has Outlook (something most people use anyway

eM Client already have created a workaround fix for the current Microsoft SMTP OAuth token issue as per the link near the top of this thread.

If that doesn’t work for you, then you may have another SMTP issue which might not be related. You can go to “Menu / Operations / Log” tab and look for any obvious errors if still a problem.

domingo 12 febrero 2023 :: 1234hrs (UTC +0100)

I can agree this has happened before, but I do not know about common tactic, if in fact it is a tactic as this would need a degree of forward planning.

There is now a “work around” from eMC and I also would not hold my breath for a fix from Microsoft.
Yes there is still a greater percentage of users on Win10, however, I do have Win 11 Pro, on a new very high spec 12th gen Intel EVO laptop & Win 11 Pro as an upgrade from Win 10 Pro on an Intel Xeon W-10885M vPro also a high spec laptop. I do not have any issues but the EVO system is definitely better suited to Win 11 than the Xeon.
I also have Win 11 Pro running as an upgrade from Win 10 Pro on a laptop that does NOT meet the native Win 11 requirements using a “work around” and even this works OK.
But I do agree that a new Win 11 Home/Pro system is preferable.

Yes I know I am fortunate and I do acknowledge that many can not afford a new system.
I do not recognize “Quality Control” as an issue.

I do not use web based email so can not comment, but, yes, there is a permanent reminder in Win11 Pro, under System settings to view Microsoft 365 “View Benefits” - Presumably this goes away if you sign up.

Yes, I agree about Office 2021 we have a lot of users, I checked your source - too expensive, from a different legal source we pay US$13.50, not just us, anyone.

eMC does now have a fix, maybe it is in v9.2.1577, I do not know as I have not checked as I am not affected.
I do like and prefer eMC even though there are issues perceived and otherwise. I have other email clients on other machines and never mix clients.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hi,
As I posted earlier when I did the work around I stated it did not work/. However “Cyberzork” indicated that when the registry fix was installed there needed to be a re-boot. When I did the re-boot and restarted EMC I got an update notice for 9.2.1553. I ran the update and I can now send with out any problems.
“Skybat” then posted that there was another update 9.2.1557. When I checked the Release History it is listed there but 1553 was not? However I remember the list of fixes and 1557 looks a lot like the list from 1553?
I am now in the position where I do not know if 1553 or the registry fix corrected the authentication problem? I never download an update unless I receive the notification that there is one. That has been a practice of mine since downloading EMC many years ago. I have not received a notice for 1557 and everything is working well with EMC at this time.
Does anyone know if 1553/1557 actually had a fix for the “Auth0” problem? I have no intention of downloading 1557 unless I receive notice to do so.
Was this just an error in the Update sequence and are 1553 & 1557 the same?
If there was a fix contained in 1553/1557 did it reverse the registry fix or is this something that will remain as per the patch?

Thanking anyone in advnace for thaling the time to repsond to this rambling question from a dedicated senior.

I tried the registry update and it worked. However, it also removed all of my saved local passwords for services such as RDP. eMC must stop using registry updates as solutions - they always have knock-on effects.

The Registry Mod fixed the problem. Yea! Thank you Olivia_Rust Leader and Team.

Just follow the steps without the Terminal step. Might even be able to download and install the Registry Mod without disabling eMC permissions. Try it then reboot your computer.

https://support.emclient.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/256/7/cannot-send-emails-for-outlookcom-accounts---authentication-aborted

@Ricky2

I am now in the position where I do not know if 1553 or the registry fix corrected the authentication problem?.

Yes as @Senior_Adviser says the registry mod workaround fixed the problem for the MS SMTP OAuth current issue, and was nothing to do with updating to V9.2.1553 or V9.2.1577. They were just normal interim updates and fixes etc.

However “Cyberzork” indicated that when the registry fix was installed there needed to be a re-boot.

Anytime you modify a Windows registry as a general rule of thumb, you should allways reboot afterwards as (most registry modifications) won’t work unless you reboot. So its always best practice to reboot your computer after any registry mod.

I have no intention of downloading 1557 unless I receive notice to do so. Was this just an error in the Update sequence and are 1553 & 1557 the same?

Yes it was unusual that 9.2.1553 was replaced with 9.2.1577 so soon, but I’ve seen that happen before with previous (interim updates) when its eg: getting closer to an automatic official push update. So I suspect some newer features as well as small fixes were done in 9.2.1577 and you will probably see soon an automatic push.

You can certainly stay on the version you have atm and eM Client will then automatically push the official update to all users down the track when they are ready. You might even possible see some other interim updates before then.

Ps I personally have updated to 9.2.1577 on PC (Win 10 & 11) and Mac (Ventura) and found no problems at all. Seems very stable.

Note: If you do choose to update to the latest version, always backup first via “Menu / Backup” incase you need to restore for any reason. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Show Operations” via the drop-down next to Refresh at the top left.

@j_j_m

I tried the registry update and it worked.

Great that you can now send email again with the registry workaround.

However, it also removed all of my saved local passwords for services such as RDP.

What is RDP ? Can you elaborate on that.

RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is a way to access a remote server desktop as if you were using it locally. I use this on many dozens of servers for clients. I lost all the saved passwords and had to find and reset them all. Too much of a coincidence as I had just run the registry update. Never use registry updates; they always have unintended results.

1 Like

@j_j_m

RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is a way to access a remote server desktop as if you were using it locally. I use this on many dozens of servers for clients. I lost all the saved passwords and had to find and reset them all.

Ok I see. That’s really weird the eM Client registry mod removed your remote desktop protocol saved passwords. I wouldn’t have thought an SMTP OAuth eM Client modification in the registry would have anything to do with RDP and would be normally in a separate place in the registry.

However as you advised it did, then I would then suggest if you are an eM Client Pro or Enterprise customer with an active subscription, go to the eM Client VIP support page below and login and create a support ticket to advise that happened and the exact steps you did when doing the mod. Include the eM Client version you had prior and the Windows OS version you have as well.

That can then be diagnosed as to how that happened incase other users also have that happen with their RDP Passwords.

https://support.emclient.com/

Updated to 1577 but my Hotmail account still won’t send email via EmClient.
Are others with same problem leaving emClient as there doesn’t appear to be a fix without playing around with the registry?