Can't retrieve pop3 messages due to the following reason: ""

http://imgur.com/53pf6bg I have this error consistently popping up each time I receive new messages.  I am currently running Windows 10 Home, ver. 1511.  To clarify, the messages seem to be downloading just fine, but the error displays in spite of successful downloads.

Addendum:  here is the full error description.  http://imgur.com/SuybcEs

A2:  However, I cannot be fully sure that the emails are downloading successfully without looking at the webmail serverside. I just have and the messages displaying on their end are from yesterday.

Hello Wade,
what version of eM Client are you running? Check the Help>About section for full version number.
What mail provider is your POP account from?
Do you keep a copy of the message on the server or are they deleted after download?

Regards,
Olivia

I had posted the version in the original screencap i cropped together.  It’s 6.0.24928.0 and my mail provider is through mail.marketrends.net.  There’s a copy left on the server after download.

Hello Wade,
can you try adding eM Client to exceptions in your Firewall and Ativirus software and see if the messages persist?

Regards,
Olivia

I have just listed the eM Client folder as an exclusion under file path and MailClient.exe as an exclusion on DeepScreen on the antivirus (Avast Internet Security 11.2.2261) and I will see if the messages persist.  I’d also like to note that another user had another error pop up, this time with a different error.  If it happens again, I will grab a screencap and link it.  Both of the machines run windows 10, both use eM Client, both use the same server, and also have the same antivirus brand.  I will go make the same exclusions on the other machine as well right now.

edit: also, I had put in the wrong mail server in my earlier post, it’s mail.allmetalspecialties.com.

Hi, Olivia, I’m reporting back in with the results.  It seemed to have worked for a temporary solution, but this past evening I was told that the error is back.  I have listed the exclusion on both Avast Firewall and Windows Firewall.

Hello, I’m leaving a message here today because I didn’t get a response yesterday.  Anyone help?  See conversation on the first reply for the situation.

Hello, I am responding again because I am still having the problem persist, and I would appreciate some communication on this.

OK, similar retrieve pop3 error, see error message and log attached