Can't receive mail from a server since the last update 9.1.2

Version is 9.1.2109 (9967b93).I clicked on a link in an email that update available or a popup when I turned on the laptop. I’m still using Windows 10, this old computer is not Win 11 eligible.
8:53:53 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability All other things on log list is synchronizing folder list; synchronizing folder/“inbox”, etc. There are no errors shown.
License is activated. I have in the past had to reactivate and it will issue a popup notification.
Not sure where Offline mode tick mark is located. in the Menu under messages there is an option to click for download selected messages for offline use. Under File-Work offline is NOT checked.
Under Accounts-Imap settings-sync options, “Download messages for offline use” is checked. Also, I tried the export.imap.mail.yahoo.com trick, but it has made no difference.
I think that is everything you mentioned.
Thanks. Kmm

Ok. You have the latest version of eM Client and everything seems to activated ok and not offline.

So next suggest to try removing and re-adding your Yahoo account via the eM Client “automatic email wizard” at the top of accounts, as eM Client recently updated support for the new Yahoo API in V9.1.2109 which now seemed to have fixed 99% of forum user Yahoo IMAP connection issues.

Note:- Before removing and re-adding, make a backup via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.

That’s what I was afraid you were going to say. The thought of this terrifies me, losing all my files and folder setup. I need to learn how though because these computers need to be replaced sooner rather than later. After re adding account, then restore the backup to get it back like it is now? Where is the backup to reinstall stored.
I really appreciate your advise. Thanks.

As it’s an IMAP account everything will normally automatically come back, due to all your email folders or labels etc “are all on the server end” as per how IMAP works. So as long as you have created all your folders / sub folders under your Yahoo IMAP account they will all come back.

But do a backup first as i mentioned Incase anything goes wrong. You can allways then restore the backup if need be.

Ps I recently removed and readded my own Yahoo IMAP account via the automatic setup when the new eM Client version was released and everything came back as normal and works fine.

Note: POP accounts are different as before removing those accounts you have to drag , copy or move emails from the POP account down to local folders at the bottom left in eM Client to keep the emails & folders.

I’m not sure if its a POP account. My email originated with bellsouth, then became at&t. We were grandfathered in (forced) to use Yahoo. I do not have my folders and subfolders anywhere other than eMail Client… Eight years ago when I got these computers, Outlook wasnt available as a standalone, resident program and I found eMail Client as an alternative. My computer guru saved my outlook mail in a format that email client accepted, and transferred it. It’s over a decade of archived emails. Once it was downloaded to computer, it was deleted off ATT servers.
I’ll see what happens. Backup completed. Everything is still on my little bloated tablet. Thanks for all your help.

I’m not sure if its a POP account

When you go to “Menu / Accounts”, click your Yahoo account on the left. Then if you see an “IMAP tab” at the top with imap.mail.yahoo.com in the server address then you have an IMAP account and ok to remove and readd via the automatic email wizard.

I’ll have to try again tomorrow. The Archive files are all there. But I lost 50 of 51 messages in the Inbox and 2 in the Sent folder that I was retaining to review and discard or file. It is not receiving new mail al all. It will send a message. It appeared in the Outbox and then appeared in the sent folder for just a second before disappearing. Something is still vey wrong, but I realize it may be local to my system and not everyone.I 'll try File Restore. but the send and receive issue is still there.

But I lost 50 of 51 messages in the Inbox and 2 in the Sent folder that I was retaining to review and discard or file. It is not receiving new mail al all.

Before restoring your eM Client backup, Go online to your Yahoo mail “via the browser” and see if your missing Inbox and Sent box emails are there ?

Adding and removing IMAP accounts doesn’t delete any email from the inbox or sent box as you are only mirroring the remote mailbox with an IMAP setup, so I suspect eM Client just isn’t synching your IMAP mailbox correctly due to some problem locally on your computer with maybe an optional program installed.

Do you have any optional eg: Antivirus programs, Optional Firewall / Security programs, or VPNs installed ? If you do, “completely disable those to test” to see if any of those are causing interference.

You may have resolved my problem. All items were still on the ATT server when I checked. I turned off the stock Windows defender firewall and AVG antivirus. When I looked at eMail Client things were back in the Inbox and Sent files. I don’t know which caused the problem. Turned things back on and sent a test message to myself from gmail. It worked and appeared like it should.
When I rebooted laptop after being inactive for a while, it went through a whole routine with Windows updates antivirus updates and the eMail Client update. I left it overnight as it was still going through the process and it restarted itself when finished. I don’t usually do that, keeping an eye on it while it worked instead. Something apparently disagreed with it. I figured it was a local issue to me.
Thank you for your patient advise and assistance.

1 Like