Can't open links in emails/Em Client

For the past week or so I’ve been unable to open links in emails, it use to be I could click on a link and it would open in Chrome (Default Browser). Now when I click on any link/url in a email I get nothing, no error message. I’ve tried setting EM Client and Chrome as default applications in Windows and that’s not helped, another person said to try Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click link but that did nothing either.

I’m using the latest version of both Chrome and EM Client and Windows is fully updated. I don’t know what else to try, I’ve just been right-clicking link and then “Copy Link Address” and pasting that into Chrome but it’s a pain.

Maybe download and install the application again. You will find the latest version at https://www.emclient.com/release-history

This problem fixed it self before when I had it in June, but now it seems to be back. I’ve updated to latest version of the client and still can’t seem to open link/urls from emails. Tried different emails and nothing happens.

Does eM Client ever comment that they are aware of the issue or what we need to do to resolve the issue?

If you have any issues, you are welcome to ask, giving some details. Hopefully someone will be able to give a solution.

If you want to contact eM Client Support you can open a support ticket directly with them. For that you will need a Pro License. Otherwise they do not usually comment here.

jueves 26 noviembre 2020 :: 2107hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @ckostyniuk

I couldn’t decide whether you were asking a genuine question or were having a sarcastic dig…!

Doing the following should solve your issue.

From Settings in Windows 10
->Default Apps
->Scroll down to
->Choose default applications by file type
->HTM & HTML
->Change to your preferred browser

That’s it!

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]

1 Like

This happened to me today. I changed associated app for HTM and HTML files from Chrome to Microsoft Edge, but email links within Em Client didn’t work. So I set them back to Chrome. Then I changed the default browser to Firefox and now email links opened as expected. I set the default browser back to Chrome and emails were not opening any longer.

I downloaded a portable version of Chrome, which is separate from my normal Chrome browser. I set the portable version as the default web browser and emails in Em Client now opened fine. I set the default web browser back to my normal version of Chrome. Email links once again did not open.

At this point I feel strongly that the browser is the issue, not Em Client. The browser is refusing to open links for some reason. Chrome updates all the time on its own, so it makes sense that occasionally an update could break Em Client’s email link functionality. A day later Chrome had an update available, it was applied, and Em Client email links worked once again.

For anyone facing this issue, you will need to rely on a alternative browser until Chrome fixes itself. That or manually copy the links from emails into the Chrome browser. Seeing what I have I just wanted to clear Em Client of any wrong doing on this specific issue. Good luck!