I installed emClient on a new system the other day. As i always do, i set the default storage location to a different non-windows drive. I was trying to troubleshoot a persistent disc activity issue, and i suspected emClient might be writing to the disc since that is where the database wa stored. I opened emClient, and switched the storage location to a folder INSIDE the emClient install folder, as this seemed a good place to store it.
I restarted emClient, and now im getting the error…
“The database location was set to a path that is not accessible, or you dont now have sufficient privileges to access it. The default database location will be used instead”.
…and then immediately after that…
“The application cannot access the default database location C:\users\etc etc… because of folder permissions. Please contact you computer administrator”.
… well im the administrator. Im the only user on the system. I tried following an online guide to taking ownership of the folder it asks for, and i got an error doing that as well.
So the obvious solution, uninstall and reinstall! Nope, that doesnt work either. Something is left behind when uninstalling that is preventing emClient for forgetting whats going on. This obivoulsy didnt happen 2 days ago when I first installed emClient, and now I cant seem to get out of this loop.