Can't import folders from Thunderbird

Just starting to use eM client.  I’m trying to import all old emails and folders from Thunderbird (ver 17.0.8), but I’m getting a generic “Error importing from Thunderbird”.  Some old emails appear to have migrated, but not everything.  None of my subfolders (Archives, etc.) appear on my eM Client.  I’ve tried migrating whole accounts as well as specific folders, but get the same issue.  Now I appear to have multiple copies of the same account in eM Client and things are looking messy.  I’d like to restart the process and do this right.  Any suggestions?

Hello Sean,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. In this case, we’d suggest manually exporting the data from Thunderbird, starting eM Client with a new database and importing the data there through Menu -> File -> Import.

If eM Client can’t find the database folder in the default location (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming) with the default name (‘eM Client’), it will create a new one. In order to start with a new database, simply turn eM Client off and rename the ‘eM Client’ folder to e.g. ‘eM Client old database’.

Regards,
Maurice