Can't find Message after moving to inbox

This is weird. I moved an important message from trash to the inbox. It was a Jan 26, 2023 message.
I did a search for in the inbox where I originally received the email and moved back into from the trash…couldn’t find it. It doesn’t exist. In fact it totally disappeard.
I re-checked the trash, the message is gone.
Checked spam, not there.

I opened Kiwi mail and there it was in the inbox of the account I moved it too.

Why can’t eM Client move messages from trash to inbox the same way? Why do the messages disappear? Weirdness.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Note: I did find it in “All Mail”, but that’s so weird. I moved the message to “inbox” it should be in the ‘inbox’ not "all mail’.

There was an issue that sounds similar in an older V9.x eM Client (see this thread) where if you had an eg: Gmail account and deleted an email or moved and email from the inbox to the trash folder, and then moved it from the trash folder to another label such as the Inbox or any other Gmail parent or sub label it would then only show in All Mail.

That was resolved for me in the previous interim release 9.2.1553 that has now been superseded to release 9.2.1577. I cannot now replicate that same issue again on my PC or Mac computers.

Are you using either of the above versions ?

Hi, Mac mini late 2012 macOS 10.15.7 Catlina
eM Client: v 9.2.1222 the latest version. There are no available updates.
The email was deleted from from my main account, then from the trash of that main account it was moved back into the inbox of the main account.

Again, when I checked Kiwi, a mac client the email was in the main account inbox.

From now on I have to check “All Mail” or open Kiwi.

Hi, Mac mini late 2012 macOS 10.15.7 Catalina
eM Client: v 9.2.1222 the latest version.

You can then get the latest interim update V9.2.1577 for the Mac from the release history page via the following link.

Close eM Client before installing the update.

Note: Before installing the update, backup first via the dropdown along the Menu at the top. You can see when the backup is completed via Show Operations in the dropdown next to Refresh.

1 Like

Thank you so much ٩(^ᴗ^)۶ Problem solved ٩( ᐛ )و

1 Like