cant connect to ieee.org

originally ieee [institute of electrical and electronic engineers] provided a forwarding service. i used …@ieee.org to froward to my isp, 1st comcast, later wowway. a few years ago ieee out sourced the forwarding service to google. thus ieee.org became a gmail account. now when i try to set up EMclient to work with this account the setup failed so i tried manual setup using:
incomming: pop.ieee.org:995
outgoing:  smtp.ieee.org:465
this failed too. i tried the fixes and they failed.
any suggestions?

Try:

incoming: pop.gmail.com, port 995 Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
outgoing: smtp.gmail.com. port 465 Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
username is …@ieee.org.

i tried those and it said ‘your credentials were rejected’
i ran diagnostics and fix and it said ‘An email server was detected, however your credentials were rejected.Do you want to try again using different a password or username?’
i know the credentials are correct because they work in a web login.

Is POP3 enabled in GMail settings?

yes
POP Download: Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since 6/12/13

Go to https://myaccount.google.com/security and down at the bottom of the page toggle Allow less secure apps to ON

ok, i did that and ran diagnose again. got:
 ‘An email server was detected, however your credentials were rejected.Do you want to try again using different a password or username?’ again

Did you try with the gmail.com server addresses after enabling less secure apps?

i used 
pop.gmail.com:995 
smtp.gmail.com:465

I assume you are using the full username, not just the part before the @.

I have used a few GMail hosted accounts, and never had a problem with them. Sorry, I can’t be of any help Al. Until somebody has a solution, you will just have to go back to having the email forwarded to another account.