Can't configure sound. It want's sonic cineplayer but won't install from my Roxio CD and then hangs em Client when I try to cancel

Oh, one fuurther comment. This, apparently, has nothing to do with the “wrong” sounds playing. em Client play the sounds I set up for it. Sorry - so not quite the same as my previous problems…

Previously when you removed Roxio from your computer it solved the problem. So I would think that it is Roxio that is causing the problem and not a fault with eM Client.

I would agree, but even after Roxio is gone, I’m getting the error. (I suspect that once [if?] I re-install Creator, the “problem” will go away, But I haven’t heard back from Corel Tech Support yet, as to what THEY think I should do next. I guess I’ll put up with the intermittent message (it appears I can kill it, now, for a while) until I hear back from them.
In any case, were I to “have to” unistall eM Client, I would use Windows 10 uninstall and download from you once again? And then what about the key? Sorry; I’m just trying to plan for contingencies, here. I think YOUR product is most likely just fine.
Thanks, Gary!

I don’t think that Roxio is completely gone from your system. If you did a fresh Windows install, eM Client will work just fine, so there is something that Roxio is doing that is changing the way media is played on your computer. These older applications did not rely on Windows own functions, maybe because they were not so developed at that time. Windows now can do everting natively that Roxio previously provided as far as media is concerned, so there is no real reason to use it. If you want to continue using PaintShop, you should be able to install just that and nothing else.

When you uninstall eM Client using Windows uninstall, it does not remove the database, nor the license information. So when you re-install it, everything should be as before. If for some reason the application is not activated, go to Menu > Help > License, and activate it with your key.

Thanks, Gary (and if you swing that way - Happy Easter!).  I appreciate the information on the uninstall/re-install. (and Yeah - I’m about to tell them to take their product and, well…, and then give me my money back).
Take care.