Can't add gmail account on Android

Hi,

I am using desktop application for a few years now and it is great. I have downloaded EM Client app from Play store and I cannot finish initial setup. When I want to add Gmail account I am filling in all information: email address, password, etc. I get to the final screen and hit finish - it takes me to the browser an allow access screen, but then returns to the account set up page. Hitting finish just creates a loop of the same.

Please help!

Regards,
Lukas

I encountered the same issue.
After adding another account first, Google let me add the gmail account as second.
Btw, the combined inbox did not work for me.
Regards,
Roelf

I had the same problem today and was about to give up. Everytime I tried to add a gmail account, I would end up in a loop that had me logging into gmail. I found a fix!

I use the desktop version of EM Client as well. The QR transfer code for ALL accounts did not work and I had the same issue as when I tried to add the account automatically or manually. What finally DID WORK was exporting the QR Code for the individual gmail account and then choosing to scan that QR code to add the gmail…voilà…it works! I was able to add the two gmail accounts.

1 Like

That worked for me. Thanks