Can't access my verizon email account

eM Client stopped being able to access my email account. I get a message that says the credentials are invalid. I can access this email account with my browser using the same password that eM client uses. I checked previous posts on your website but these did not help. One seems to be for an earlier version and does not work.

Do you have 2FA with your Verizon account? If so, I am having a similar problem with Exchange 365. But it is unclear whether anyone monitors these forums aside from users.

Sorry, I don’t know what 2FA means.

Two-factor authentication. Sounds like that is not your issue!

Same… Went to AOL for their recommended setting for 3rd party software to access their emails. Tried every possible combination. Tried the eM Client Diagnostics and “Fix” routines. NOTHING… WTF.
I have been using my Verizon email for 17 years, and I think AOL took it over about 10 years ago. I have changed nothing, except download an UPDATE from eM Client.

Same here as well. Messages from aol.com stopped appearing, but still receive messages from my other e-mail account. Perhaps related to latest Windows update?

I contacted AOL for this problem. They were able to fix my old Outlook Mail Client but not eM Client. There doesn’t seem to be a way to solve the problem. I could not find a way to access the server settings. Does anyone know how to contact support at eM Client? Btwy, AOL said they were making some changes.

Yesterday on July13,2021 I could not access my Verizon email account via eMClient. I received a message that “Your Verizon account settings are out of date”. I called Verizon support but they were of no help. Does anyone know what account settings are out of date? I tried everything that I know but could not get anything to work.

Did AOL say what changes they were making? I think that whatever changes they were making was the cause of this problem.

For AOL, you probably need to setup an App Password, and use that instead of the account password.

Other than that, the settings should remain exactly the same.

For the AOL App Password: Create and manage third-party app passwords - AOL Help

1 Like

This worked! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Gary,
I did what you said and it worked. Thanks very much for the info.
Harry

1 Like

Thanks for the fix Gary!

That worked for me too! Thanks!!!

Bingo! Many thanks for the link and the lead.

Program note: my client was set up on pop3 settings and has worked perfectly. My wife client was on imap and failed last night, with exactly the login invalid response. Restarted today using the 3d party app advice Gary posted, all good.

Program note: my client was set up on pop3 settings and has worked perfectly. My wife client was on imap and failed last night, with exactly the login invalid response. Restarted today using the 3d party app advice Gary (scan down page) posted, all good.

Your solution worked for me, too. I just changed my password on the “General” tab to the “App password” that was generated in my AOL account…and that was it. I left everything else the same, just as you said, and it is now working fine.