Cannot send or receive emails

Sometime ago, I had to create a gmail account to visit a certain site & used my “@verizon.net” account as a alias. Now, I have to use my gmail address to access my eCient but am now unable to send or receive emails. I would like to “start over” by deleting the current account but do not want to risk losing all my folders. I’ve tried adding another account with my desired “@verizon.net” address, but it won’t take any password I enter! Any suggestions that would fix using eClient would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

I have to use my gmail address to access my eM Client but am now unable to send or receive emails. I would like to “start over” by deleting the current account but do not want to risk losing all my folders.

If you were using a default Gmail IMAP account “where all your mail and folders are directly under your Gmail account”, removing and re-adding your Gmail account will not loose any mail or folders. They will all automatically come back again when you re-add the account.

Note: If you do remove and re-add your Gmail account, backup first via “Menu / Backup” (Pc) or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can see when the backup is complete in “Show Operations” via the dropdown on the right of Refresh.

I’ve tried adding another account with my desired “@verizon.net” address, but it won’t take any password I enter! Any suggestions that would fix using eClient would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you can login ok to your Verizon mailbox via your browsers webmail, then either you are entering the wrong mail server address’s manually or your Verizon mail server authentication may have changed. Could be they are now using an OAuth token access and no longer username and password. Have you tried setting up your Verizon account via the automatic email wizard or only the manual setup.

If you have tried both ways, then suggest to contact your Verizon technical support “for how you connect” and to dblcheck that “you have the correct mail server settings” if you do setup manually.

The other alternative is, if you have been doing regularly eM Client backups and your emails accounts were working ok previously, then you could optionally restore a recent dated backup via “Menu / File / Restore” (Pc) or “File / Restore” (Mac).

1 Like

Hi cyberzork,

I’m having trouble with my SMTP settings. I’ve tried changing several items in the SMTP, but I’m still getting the red error. Currently, I have: "HOST: smtl.aol.com, PORT: 465, & SECURITY: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy). The IMAP settings are OK. Suggestions, please!

Bill