Cannot send from hotmail account

I have a hotmail account and an icloud account. Icloud works fine. Hotmail receives ok but when I reply to a message or try to send a new message eMC has started picking the icloud account to send from by default and when I try to use hotmail I get the following error message and will not send.

[SMTP] Cannot send message (Sending email “test” failed with error: ‘From’ field address not accepted due to the following reason:
"5.7.0 From address is not one of your addresses
")

Any suggestions as to what the problem is?

First off for privacy reasons suggest to remove the first part of your email address in your post above.

For this issue, I would suggest to try removing and re-adding your Hotmail account via the automatic email wizard setup via “Menu / Accounts”.

Then set whichever account you want as the default and save accounts. Then close and reopen eM Client.

Note: Before removing your Hotmail account, backup first via “Menu / Backup” (PC) or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can see when the backup is complete via the dropdown next to refresh.

:slightly_smiling_face:Thanks . Your fix worked a treat and thanks for pointing out the privacy issue.