Cannot send emails (but receive them)

A couple of weeks ago I became aware that several emails from me did not reach the recipients.

There was no error message, no error listed in the STMP log, and the mails appeared as usual in the “sent” folder. At first it only happened when I sent emails with attachments, but now it seems that all emails from me disappear regardless of the recipient (also when I send them to myself).

Webmail works fine, and also New Outlook. Too bad, because I’ve been happy with eM Client for several years.

Good ideas, anyone?

If the message is in the Sent folder then it has been sent. Only once it has been uploaded to the server will the message be created there, either by eM Client itself, or by the server. Who creates it depends on the server, but if it is in the Sent folder, then the email application’s part of the process is complete.

After that it is up to your email provider to deliver it. Normally if the email provider can’t deliver it, they will send you an email to say it couldn’t be delivered. Either way, you will need to contact your email provider, and they will be able to confirm they have delivered it or tell you why they haven’t.

If it hasn’t been uploaded to the server, so not in the Sent folder, you will find the message in the Local Folder Outbox. If Local Folders are not visible below your other folders, you can enable them by selecting Menu > Settings > General > General > Show Local Folders. Click on Save & Close to save the setting. You will also find an SMTP error with more details about why it couldn’t be uploaded to the server in the Operations log.

Thanks for your kind help, and so soon! I now know a bit more, but I still am confused.

One of the first things I did was to contact my email provider. They could find no errors there, and even helped me install Outlook to test the problem, and as I said Outlook works fine. There’s nothing in the eMC Local Folders Outbox. Nothing in eM Client seems to be wrong, but nothing seems wrong on the part of my service provider either. The problem remains, so I’m stuck , and I’m afraid I’ll have to say goodbye to eMC or at least put it on hold for the time being.

In case somebody’s interested: I finally did what I should have done initially: uninstall eM Client and reinstall it. That did the trick, and I have had no problems since.