Cannot retrieve emails from ATT.NET

My wife and I have email through ATT.NET. She receives her emails but mine stopped pulling into eM Client on 8/17/20. The settings between her account and my account look exactly the same in eM Client under General, POP3 and SMTP. I had changed my password shortly before August 17, but have retyped the new password several times again under all three tabs - General, POP3 and SMTP.
I doubt anything has changed with ATT.NET as my wife’s emails pull in just fine.
Not sure what to review - any ideas?

Here’s the message:

Connection failed
An attempt to connect to xxxxx.xxx failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Please check the settings or click on the warning symbol to try connecting again.

Here is the error log:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…”
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Thanks

I deleted the accounts and created them under the Yahoo option and with that option, I now have the IMAP tab in Accounts and all my emails imported successfully.

justatad,

I’m having a similar problem with my bellsouth email (also ATT) although I fixed mine by using the “secure key” specified by ATT here: https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1010491
They don’t have instructions specifically for eM client so I used Outlook 2007 which should be the same.
I only have three tabs, general, pop3 and SMTP. I don’t have IMAP and therefore I must use the POP3 setting. Before I changed the email password to the secure key, the Diagnose tab tests were failing. Now they pass. So maybe POP3 vs. IMAP does not matter?

Question for you, you said that you fixed it by deleting the accounts and recreating using the “Yahoo option”. What is the “Yahoo option”? Also when you deleted the accounts, don’t you lose all the emails and inboxes saved in eM client?

TIP FYI, I discovered that when using “Diagnose” to test the connection, a test message appears in the ATT inbox using their browser interface. Good to know for the future.

I’m glad you fixed your issue.