Cannot receive or send messages when updating to e-mail provider's security settings

I updated my eM Client security settings as required by my e-mail provider (cox.net).  The new port settings would not allow me to receive and/or send e-mails.  I called my e-mail provider and although they tried a few things, they were ultimately unable to help me figure out why it won’t work using the new settings.  Said they are not knowledgeable about eM Client program.  Here’s the configuration:

POP3:
Host:  POP.COX.NET
Port:   previous setting that worked - 110;  new setting they want it changed to and didn’t work - 995
Security Policy:  Use SSL/TSL if available

SMTP:
Host:  smtp.cox.net
Port:  previous setting that worked - 587; new setting they want it changed to and didn’t work -465
Security Policy:  Use SSL/TSL if available

Thank you for any responses.  I understand that the reason for needing to change the ports is due to security purposes.

Try selecting the option “Use SSL/TLS on special port” on the POP and SMTP setup tabs.

If that doesn’t work, try disabling your antivirus and firewall and try again.

Peter - Thank you for suggesting the option to change to “Use SSL/TLS on special port”.  The change worked perfectly.  Gary - I appreciate your comments as well.  Thank you both for your input.

I’m glad it worked. I just went through the same thing setting up two of my accounts.