Cannot move distinguished folder

I accendentically removed the Postbox-OUT folder. Since then I got this message and a lot of errors when I synchroinze. How can I restore the default folders?

Hello,
could you please copy and post here the content of the Operations > Log tab?

Best regards,
Olivia

Hello,

It’s already a month ago that I sent you my log. Could you find anything out of it ? How can I solve it ?

Hello,

It’s already a month ago that I sent you my log. Could you find anything out of it ? How can I solve it ?

I’ll try to paste the log in here:

17:50:45 Online toestand: gewijzigd in online met als reden NetworkAvailability 17:50:45 [email protected] [POP3]  Verbinding aan het maken: Met [email protected]
17:50:45 [email protected] [POP3]  Verbonden: Met[email protected]
17:50:46 [email protected] [POP3]  Berichten aan het downloaden: Van [email protected]
17:50:46 [email protected] [POP3]  Verbinding verbroken: Van [email protected]
17:50:46 [email protected] [POP3]  Verbinding verbroken: Gereed
17:50:46 [email protected][Exchange Web Services]  Mappenlijst aan het synchroniseren
17:50:47 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Map '[email protected]/Postvak UIT/’ aan het uploaden
17:50:47 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Map '[email protected]/Prullenbak/PostvakUIT/’ aan het uploaden

– here is the error:

17:50:48   MailExceptions.OperationException: Het aanmaken of updaten van map '[email protected]/Prullenbak/PostvakUIT/’ is mislukt met als fout: Cannot move distinguished folder. —> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponseException: Cannot move distinguished folder.
17:50:48    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponse.InternalThrowIfNecessary()
17:50:48    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.Execute()
17:50:48    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.MoveFolder(FolderId folderId, FolderId destinationFolderId)
17:50:48    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Folder.Move(FolderId destinationFolderId)
17:50:48    bij MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeFolderSynchronizer.Move(FolderMoveContext moveContext, Folder folder, Folder oldParentFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
17:50:48    bij MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass11.b__10(WorkerStatus
status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
17:50:48 bij
MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus
status)
17:50:48 — Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad

17:50:48 bij
MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus
status)
17:50:48 bij MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus
status)
17:50:48 [email protected] [Exchange
Web Services] Item(s) naar map [email protected]/2. Prive/1. Muziek/6. Legal
Tender/Optredens/’ aan het uploaden
17:50:48 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Item(s)
naar map [email protected]/1.
Projecten/IJZ/Site 2015/’ aan het uploaden
17:50:48 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Item(s)
naar map [email protected]/1.
Projecten/Amoria Bond - UPS/’ aan het uploaden

… etc

Hello,
I’m terribly sorry, seems like the log must have gotten lost somewhere along the way. Do you please also have the screenshots of the errors that popped up? Thank you and sorry for the lack of an earlier reply.

Best regards,
Olivia

It is about the deletion of the mailfolder OUT:

17:44:12 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Map ‘[email protected]/Prullenbak/Postvak UIT/’ aan het uploaden17:44:16   MailExceptions.OperationException: Het aanmaken of updaten van map ‘[email protected]/Prullenbak/Postvak UIT/’ is mislukt met als fout: Cannot move distinguished folder. —> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponseException: Cannot move distinguished folder.
17:44:16    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponse.InternalThrowIfNecessary()
17:44:16    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.Execute()
17:44:16    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.MoveFolder(FolderId folderId, FolderId destinationFolderId)
17:44:16    bij Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Folder.Move(FolderId destinationFolderId)
17:44:16    bij MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeFolderSynchronizer.Move(FolderMoveContext moveContext, Folder folder, Folder oldParentFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
17:44:16    bij MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass11.b__10(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
17:44:16 bij MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:44:16 — Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad —
17:44:16 bij MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:44:16 bij MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
17:44:16 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Item(s) naar map ‘[email protected]/2. Prive/1. Muziek/6. Legal Tender/Optredens/’ aan het uploaden

Hi,
have you tried removing the account from eM Client and adding it back in? Because obviously the program is still trying to move the special folder and it fails to just discard the request. I think full resync might be the only option.

Best regards,
Olivia

Yes I did this now. And it looks like the problem is solved now.