cannot modify signature

When i’m trying to modify or add a signature the window to allow me to edit the signature is not opening. instead it makes it so i can not click on anything, as if an invisible window opened. I have to press Esc on my keyboard to make it so i can click on anything again.  is there a fix for this, or a reason?

Hello, sorry to see this, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer? Are you having issues with opening the signature editor or even the list with your current signatures? Is the behaviour only when you’re trying to edit the signature or even when new signature is being created?

What operating system are you using on your computer?

Thank you,

Hey paul, thanks for the reply

I’m in eM Client 6.0.22344.0 and I’m using Win7 pro x64

I can open the list of signatures but when i select my signature and click on modify nothing comes up and then i can’t click on anything until i hit Esc. 

this happens both when i’m clicking Modify and when i click New. 

I do have a signature that i made about a month ago when i started using eM Client, so this is something i just discovered yesterday

Hello again, can you please download and run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe when the application is not responding? I believe the window is hidden somewhere behind the main application window, and thus is blocking your ability to use the application. Please send me the stack dump output file to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,

Done

Hello again, thank you for the received stack dump file, the stack dump file shows the application is running properly so the window is hidden somewhere, please try to use the following combination of keys on your computer:

hit alt, arrow to the left, arrow down and enter. This should open a window menu on the hidden window allowing you to move it using your arrows, please use the arrows and try to navigate the window back on your screen, or if you notice the menu being displayed somewhere, the window should be hidden somewhere there.

I’m unfortunately not quite sure why the folder isn’t being displayed.

Hope this helps,

so… yeah… i feel slightly embarrassed now… but when you mentioned using the keys to shift the window, as if it might be on another monitor… i turned on my other monitor (which is my TV) and opened the modify option and it popped up… the whole time i was trying it last night my TV was using a different input so i never saw it… or thought about it possibly being there.

I must have moved it up and closed it there last time I used it

Thank you for all your help :slight_smile:

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Hello there!

Unfortunately I am running into the very very same problem described here… I do have another monitor but I don’t have it where I am and I’m not gonna be home for two months to get it.
So I’d like to fix that. Unfortunately, pressing alt+arrow left+arrow down+enter didn’t do anything for me. At least nothing that I could notice… :thinking:

Thanks already for support!