Cannot import contacts from Outlook.

I find em client absolutely brilliant in all but one aspect, I cannot import contacts from outlook. I am running windows 7 and have tried re-installing the programme, deleting all accounts and then re-importing from outlook, I get an error message stating selected file is corrupted or not an outlook PST file. If I am to continue using em client after the trial period I really do need to resolve this issue. Can anyone please help? 

What version of Outlook are you attempting this with? As well, do you have Oulook open when you do because the file may be locked which will not allow another program to open it.

Many thanks for the swift reply. I am running outlook 2013 within an office 365 package and outlook has not been open when I have attempted to import contacts to emclient.

Hello Keith, can you please share more information on what steps have you followed while importing contacts from your outlook installation? In order to import contacts you need to navigate to File > Import > Import from Microsoft Outlook and select the option Import data from a PST file.

Are you using your outlook PST file that you’ve navigated to using the import field? Are you able to open the contacts in Outlook while using it’s local folders (these should be saved in the PST file).

Regards,

Tried this. Didn’t work.
Richard

Hello Richard, sorry but you’ll have to share more details about the application’s behaviour, what exactly have you been having issues with, while using this option.

Regards,

Tried import. Tried import pst files. Didn’t work. Basically what do I have to do?  I have Outlooks 2013 which works slowly.  Your program works fast. But no contacts in address book.  There has to be an easy solution. 

Richard

Hello Richard, if the application doesn’t list any of your contacts during the import from PST (but make sure you’ve selected your contacts folder - with a visible item count), maybe they are not included in the PST file, unfortunately I’m not sure how could I help you in this matter.

If you still have access to your accounts, you can export your contacts into CSV or VCF files and try to import them using any of the other available contact import options. If your contacts are available on the mail/contacts (CardDAV) server, they should be automatically synchronised with your client once you setup your account in eM Client.

Regards,