Cannot get email account added on pc

Have been struggling to get my email account onto emclient on my PC. I keep getting the message that server found but authentication failed. Please help otherwise I will have to choose a different Client Manager.

Need more information.

What version of eM Client are you running, and what version of Windows do you have ?

Where do you get up to when adding your account ? Can you do a screenshot of that.

Also are you using the automatic email wizard or manual setup ?

Lastly who is your mailbox providor, and is it a POP, IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account ?

OK<

1. My Version of em Client is: 9.2.2157

2. I have been using em Client for about 1.2 months. I have been generating calendar events and reminders, they have been working fine. I even acquired a lifetime license.

3. I set up my email 1.2 months ago and just followed the prompts. I setup my email using SMTP but includes a POP3 connect as well. it was successful.

4. I used the automatic setup to get me started. So that said, it was successful. I was getting my emails, making calendar events, happy as a lark…

5. My email provider is usfamily.net from Minnesota, USA, I have been using them for 18 years. But all was good until…

Yesterday, I stepped through the eM Client setting pages, made some modifications that I thought would be good for me, now today, the calendar is gone. No longer happy as a lark…
I suspect those changes caused my calendar to go away, but only assumptions since I just don’t know.
I just can’t figure out what changes I made that would cause the calendar to disappear.

Yesterday, I stepped through the eM Client setting pages, made some modifications that I thought would be good for me, now today, the calendar is gone

I don’t think there is anything in the actual eM CIient Settings that would disable the Calendar from showing, and sounds more like something in the account setup itself. However i could be wrong.

I suspect those changes caused my calendar to go away, but only assumptions since I just don’t know. I just can’t figure out what changes I made that would cause the calendar to disappear.

Could be possibly the Calendar “folder location” is no longer selected if its your POP account.

Go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your POP account on the left. Then click the “General tab” at the top. Next scroll down till you see “Default Folders” and make sure your Calendar is selected in the line as in this Local folder calendar example below.

Some type of accounts like eg: MS IMAP you won’t see any default folders under the General Tab.

Or could just be the calendar “has been unchecked” in your POP, IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account so not showing anything.

Go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your POP, IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 account on the left. Then click the “General tab” at the top. Next scroll down near the bottom till you see “Services” and see if there is a Calendar checkbox. If there is and its disabled, enable it and save accounts and your calendar should reappear.

Some type of accounts like eg: IMAP under Services you might see “AirSync” which you need enabled for Calendar and Contacts in those accounts. Other type of accounts under Services you might see “CalDAV” which you need to enable to sync Calendars. So all depends on what type of account.

Apart from that “if you have been making regular eM Client backups” either manually or automatically via the Settings, you could restore “a recent dated backup” when you know eM Client calendar was showing ok via “Menu / File / Restore”. You will get emails and calendar events etc up to that point in time.

Other forum community users might also have other ideas if none of the above makes any difference.

Lastly as you recently purchased a lifetime license, you can also lodge a support request ticket via the VIP support page an an assigned engineer will get back to you. You have 12 months of VIP inital support included. Also extension support options avail after 12 months if you need it later.

Thank you for your interest. I have just downloaded em client so presume it is the latest edition. We have windows 11. Em client only offered automatic set up and I could not find a way of doing it manually. I have had a thank you from them but on my ‘account’ I can see no way of adding an account. My email account is with talktalk. Thank you.

Full instructions for adding accounts, both automatically and manually, are in the Documentation (F1). Just look at the Getting Started section.

Thank you Gary. I have read the documentation you refer to but as I appear to have an Account but with no email address (although it must be known) I can see nothing on it to enable me to edit the Account details etc. Should I start all over again? Uninstall etc. If I do I don’t want it to then go through the automatic set up again and get the same authentication failed message but no other options. I would be grateful for any more help you can give me. Thank you.

I have read the documentation you refer to but as I appear to have an Account but with no email address (although it must be known) I can see nothing on it to enable me to edit the Account details etc.

To edit an exiting account to see the email address etc after adding it, click “Menu / Accounts”. Then “click on your account on the left” and you will see the General Tab at the top as in the eM Client help documentation.

(eM Client documentation - Edit existing accounts)

https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/9.2/emclient/default.htm#Accounts/Edit%20account.htm%3FTocPath%3DAccounts%7C_____3