cannot delete mail

I have a couple of email folders, each with 1 email in, that I have tried to delete.  They go for a second then re-appear.  I dragged them into deleted items folder,where they have also lingered.  Now I have those same files in my inbox and in deleted items folder.  Cannot get rid of them.  Any help would be great.

Right-click on the Inbox and choose Properties > Repair. If it is a Gmail or Gsuite account, right-click on the All Mail folder instead of the Inbox.

Thanks for your help, but I’ve tried that already, doesn’t do anything.

One thing you can try is to remove the email account from eM Client, then add it again.

Which email provider is this Bernice?

BT is my email provider.  If I remove the account from eM Client, will it remove my emails/will I be able to retrieve them?

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on your BT account. In the right section of the window, if there are IMAP and SMTP tabs, then removing the account from eM Client will not delete your messages as they are stored on a server. 

If the tabs are labelled POP3 and SMTP, DO NOT remove the account as that will delete your messages.

If in doubt make a backup using Menu > File > Backup, then if you lose anything, just restore back to where you were.

I removed my account, then I was able to delete the files.  I have now created my account again and the files are back.

So then the messages are on the server.

Close eM Client, and open your web browser. Login to your BT email account and remove them. If you can’t delete them using BT’s web interface, then you need to contact them. Good luck with that. :wink:

Restart eM Client.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go. 

I created an IMAP account at first, deleted it and then created a POP3 account, now everything is working fine.  Thanks for your help.

I had the same issue. I have 2 gmail accounts setup with emClient, one would work normally, press delete and the message would go to the trash.
However, in the second account, I would press delete and it would flag the e-mail with a blue tag for “trash”.
What I found was that I could select the emails and drag and drop them into the trash folder and that would remove them.

Problem solved