cannot delete emails

Hi, pls note i find it impossible to delete emails. I delete all the emails that are say from “two weeks ago”,  empty the trash can and then next thing i know they are all back in the inbox. I have tried reparing the inbox etc. but nothing works. Please advise!!! Tks.

Hi George, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?
What mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you seeing any errors from the application?

Are you using a POP or an IMAP account in eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul

Hello Paul,
I am using the version 6.021304.0 and it is an imap account. The incoming ail server is outlook.office365.com. I am not seeing any errors from the application.

Tks.

Hi Paul,

i am using version 6.0.21034.0 it is an imap acct and the incoming mail server is outlook.office365.com. i do not notice any errors in the application.

Tks.

Hi again George, how did you setup the account? Did you use the automatic setup? Seems like you’re using an Exchange/Office365 account.
Can you try to update your client to this release: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi and try to setup the account as an Exchange account?

Thank you,
Paul

Hello Paul,

OK, i removed the version i had  and installed the version you recommended and then deleted the email account and tried setting it up again as an exchange account. It seemed to be working fine, only i could not configure an outgoing email server and therefore i could not send emails. So now i have switched back to the way i had the account set up before, as “other” email account and the outgoing email server is working fine now, however the problem with deleting the emails still remains… I still have emails from two weeks ago even though i have deleted them several times.

Hi George not completely sure if I understand, if you’ve setup the account as an Exchange account, there should be no outgoing server, the account is simply setup as an Exchange account and is using the Exchange Web Services protocol to both send and receive the messages.

The service works for synchronizing all your items from the server.

Hope this helps,
Paul