Cannot contact gmail.

I am running 5.0.19406.0 on Win7.
The app has not downloaded new mails for 1-2 days now.
I just sent my self an email and it is sitting in the Outbox.
I can connect to my gmail account thru the web interface and see all of my new emails, but emClient is not seeing them.
Thanks for any help.

I have this problem intermittently. In my case toggling offline and online seems to correct it for a short time but I’ve found no permanent solution. I assume you’ve already pressed “F5” to manually download?

Hmmm - F5 doesn’t seem to do anything.
By toggling on->offline I assume you under File->Work Offline?
I’ve toggled that to Offline, shut down the app, restarted it, toggled back to Online with no success.

BTW - below is the diagnostics log:
10:58:09 AM Online state: changed to online with reason User
10:58:09 AM xx@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: For folder xx@gmail.com/Software/Avast
10:58:09 AM xx@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder xx@gmail.com/
10:58:14 AM xx@gmail.com [SMTP] Connecting: To xx@gmail.com
10:58:45 AM xx@gmail.com [SMTP] MailExceptions.SocketException: Connect failed with reason:
10:58:45 AM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
10:58:45 AM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
10:58:45 AM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:58:45 AM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:59:58 AM Online state: changed to offline with reason User
10:59:58 AM xx@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: Done
11:00:20 AM Online state: changed to online with reason User
11:00:20 AM xx@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: For folder xx@gmail.com/Software/Avast
11:00:20 AM xx@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder xx@gmail.com/

The problem appears to be fixed. I noticed that my anti-virus s/w was not running properly, so I used its repair option and upgraded to the most recent version.
After a reboot emClient was able to connect to gmail after prompting me for my password.
Not sure if this was an emClient problem, something caused by my AV s/w or some combination

Thanks for the tip. I just disabled my A/V to see if I get similar results.

Hello,

I will need your IMAP logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to galis@emclient.com together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan