Cannot connect to my POP3 account

I have a work email account and had it set up on Foxmail, which works correctly, but with the same sever settings, em Client does not work.

I am using the latest version of em Client and the error log shows as below:

10:24:26 AM [email protected] [POP3]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Error when receiving from account [email protected] : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 137.215.6.73:11010:24:26 AM    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:24:26 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Could anyone help?

Thank you so much.

Hi Lijun, this unfortunately seems to be either a server issue or firewall/proxy related issue, are you using any firewall/proxy/antivirus with email protection software on your computer?
What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I worked it out. It is still a proxy issue. I bypassed the proxy by using another connection but it seems that those sever settings only work inside the proxy.

I have a gmail account that hates proxy and a work account that requires proxy to work. Such a headache!

I am trying em Client and loving it. It is only this proxy issue is bothering me now.

By the way, will em Client support proxy in the next version? Or is proxy supported in Pro version?

Thanks again and regards,

Hi again Lijun, unfortunately eM Client does not support proxy, it can be setup with a proxy only if you’re using proxy without authentication or if you’re using windows credentials for authentication.

Thank you,
Paul.