Cannot authenticate through POP server

This is because you have two folders with the same name. If you just created one, or tried to copy/move it from somewhere else, delete it.

These other errors are because you have moved messages to the IMAP folder that are bigger than what the server allows. So anything over 34MB is not permitted. You will need to find these messages and either save the attachments to your device then remove the attachment from the messages, or delete the messages.

2 Likes

Excellent info on that issue @Gary

Hi Gary,
Thank you for your support.
I have deleted the second trash file. It would not let me delete the main trash file, so I tried to move it to the more folder, but it created a second copy with the content I was trying to delete. I am now able to delete the trash folder under the more section. However, if I look in the ‘All Mail’ folder, the emails I am trying to delete are still there with a trash tag displayed. So I modified my columns by adding a tag column. I then sorted by tag and I was able to select all the emails with the trash tag. I have selected all of them and deleted them once again. The Trash file is removing all the deleted emails, down to 4,000 so far from 31,000.

With regard to the balance of the error messages, this 34MB is a Gmail server limitation? Didn’t Gmail have this limitation on the POP server? I am asking because these are historic emails I would like to keep them intact. I would rather increase the limit if I can? If so how? If not is there any way I can store them in my local folders?

Many thanks,

Ron

This means they are not in the real Trash folder, but simply a regular folder called trash.

I think Gmail allow you to receive messages up to 50MB, but you will need to check with them.
However you are not receiving messages in this case. You are uploading/moving messages to an IMAP folder, and from your error it appears they limit that to 34MB.