Cannot add gmail accounts

I have been using em client for some time but have deleted my gmail accounts due to issues elsewhere. Since then I have been unable to add these accounts back again. I have read the other posts on this issue and tried all the fixes with no joy. I get to the final screen and hit finish - it takes me to the browser an allow access screen but then reurns to the account set up page. Hitting finish just creates a loop of the same. I have adden an @outlook.com address with no problem. It seems like the oauth message is not getting back to em client. Help please!

Try setting a different browser as the default. Then close and reopen eM Client.

Failing that go to the Security section of your Google Account.

Then go down near the bottom of the page to “Third-party apps with account access,” select Manage third-party access.

Lastly select eM Client app / token and remove. Then close and reopen eM Client and your browser should then appear to allow access again and hopefully will work ok then.

I have the exact same problem. It appears that the software reverts to the main module and not the client configuration module. Manual configuration of the gmail cliet also does not work. As if emclient couldn’t handle google.

Thanks for the reply, I have done as you suggest on a number of occasions without success. However, I have been able to add my gmail accounts to two other apps (Mailspring and Blue Mail) which use the same authorisation. So, it appears that there is an issue somewhere between em client, windows and google which I can’t work out.

@GerryH

I have done as you suggest on a number of occasions without success. However, I have been able to add my gmail accounts to two other apps (Mailspring and Blue Mail) which use the same authorisation. So, it appears that there is an issue somewhere between em client, windows and google which I can’t work out.

Using Windows 10 / 11 and Mac, there is no issues for me adding a Google account via the “automatic email wizard” with email, calendar, contacts and tasks “all appearing ok” with eM Client 7,8 or 9. So there is no problems with eM Client itself adding Google accounts.

So as you have already tried an alternate browser, and tried removing the Google Security eM Client token, and also tried removing and re-adding your Google account and have the same problem, there must either be some “optional software installed on your computer” interfering or blocking eM Client or “the installation of eM Client didn’t install properly initially”.

So If you have any optional firewall / security programs, optional Antivirus programs or Vpn’s etc try completely disabling those to test.

Failing that, “if its a brand-new eM Client installation” and “no other accounts already setup”, uninstall eM Client and delete the database when asked and re-download eM Client from the release history page and reinstall from scratch. Then try adding the Google acct again via the automatic email wizard setup.

However, if you have got other accounts already setup (apart from the new Google account), when you uninstall "Don’t delete the database when asked on the uninstall Wizard. That way when you reinstall eM Client it will pickup your exiting accounts.