Can you change (i.e. rename) an Email subject?

Has anyone figured out if you can rename an Email subject on a received Email? I have many clients who take an old Email, reply to it with a totally new question or subject and I would like to rename the subject to reflect what the Email is actually about. I file all my client Emails and when I need to go back an find a specific conversation, having the correct subject line is a time-saver.

I’m afraid that not possible with em Client. There’re no quick ways of doing it either than export the e-mail to .eml and edit the header yourself and import it back. (drag n’ click would do)

The only workaround I can suggest is using the category feature in eM Client to colour code the related problem. And can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Outlook does allow you to change your e-mail subject -_-

Will this be changed in an upcoming version? This is my only problem with em client. I hate to switch programs just for this problem, but it is a very useful tool.

I am not sure if it will be changed in the upcoming version because our developers are now focusing on features with higher priority.

I was just looking to see if this would be possible after getting an email from my friends over at Cloud HQ who have developed a nifty Gmail / browser plugin for just that.

Seems like it is physically possible.
I wonder if anyone else is interested in having this feature?

This is a very old topic. We have had this for years. :wink:

Select the subject in the message preview and edit it. Hit the Enter key when done.

2 Likes

That is great to know! Even works in preview window! Thanks!!