Can not send Gmail Mail!!

Can not send mail: I am using Gmail and everything else works syncing wise, Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Even To-Do, but everytime I try to send a mail I get an error message. When I check the error message log, I see "3:19:21 PM “An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 74.125.129.109:587”
I have tried from my work as well as home, so I know it’s not the internet service provider issue. I have tried with and without a VPN which also confirms the above. All other email clients have tried work find with both syncing and sending, including Outlook, Zimbra, Windows Mail etc. I like the eM client interface the best so I would like to use eM client instead of the other clients I’m using in the meantime. Anybody know how to solve this problem???

P.S. When I click “Fix” SMTP settings in the options box, it runs through a series of actions and reports back a message that the error is fixed - and a test message indeed was sent successfully - hurray! But then when I try and send my own mail again, I have the same problem as stated above - Boo!

Hope someone can help!!!

Hello,

I will need your SMTP logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check SMTP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

I just installed eM. Receive mail, calendar, etasks, etc. working fine. Cannot send.

“[SMTP] An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check settings?”

I have run the diagnostics to no avail. SMTP is set to:

smtp.gmail.com

tried various security policies, no luck

I’ve turned  on logging and have no firewall/virus scanning blocking smtp traffic. I am able to send mail with Outlook, GMail, etc.

Hi Tia,
please clear the logs you made for now, but keep them turn on. When this error occurs again, please go and click the Send logs button and change the recipient to me ([email protected]) and add link to this forum topic in the body of the email.
Also, please tell me which version of eM Client you’re currently running.

Best regards,
Olivia

Having the same problem today. Just re-installed eM ans still cannot send mail on gmail account.
“[SMTP] An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check settings?”

Did this get resolved? I’m having the same problem.

Hello Richard,
since this is an old thread the issue could be of completely different nature.
Make sure you have the latest version of eM Client http://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi
Copy the error messages and log tab for more details.

Regards,
Olivia