Can no longer drag and drop emails from inbox to any other box.

Can no longer drag and drop emails from inbox to any other box. Problem just started within last two days. Never had this problem before. Is this an issue with the latest version? I have 6.0.24928.0.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Hello David,
we have not been alerted to this problem yet, could you provide more information please?
What account/accounts does this happen on? Is there any error pop-up when you try to drag and drop your messages?

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for the reply. This problem occurs in both of my email accounts (both are IMAP). No errors pop up. I have also found that the drag and drop does not work for any folders not just the inbox. Even my local folders have this problem. I can click on an email and see it in the preview pane. I can double click on an email as usual. However if I click and hold and drag, it is as if the cursor isn’t even grabbing the email. It doesn’t move at all (so its not an issue of me trying to drop it into an unauthorized folder - the email simply doesn’t move at all). By the way I have windows 10 and I have confirmed drag and drop works in other programs including my desk top and file explorer so would not appear to be a system wide issue.

I have the same, or similar problem. When I drag and drop an email to a folder, it seems to “copy” the email into the destination folder. The email, however, remains in both the inbox and destination folder. It’s as if the inbox label is not being removed.

As an update I noticed that Windows 10 installed a “critical update” a few days ago about the same time I started to experience this problem.  Since windows update had created a restore point before it updated I rolled back the computer to just before that windows update. Now I no longer experience the problem.  All seems well with eM Client.  However this is really not a final solution since windows will either attempt to again install this update or will install the next update which may very well recreate my problem.  I think the eMClient folks should take a good look at the latest windows 10 updates and see if it is somehow interfering with the eMClient program, etc.

BTW, I did not originally note that your issue was with v6, mine is with v7

I have this same issue. Have you found a solution?

Same issue here. In 7 the drag and drop mail will be copied to the destination and the old mail will be in the trash folder. I did not notice this earlier. Now I get comments from colleagues who see important mail in my trash…

Also refresh is slow, when other users delete or drag something to another folder, it could take minutes before change is visible in em7 in 6 this was instant.

I actually am having the same issue. I could use Outlook, but I prefer EM…this is a deal breaker for me as I drag and drop emails into folders all the time.

This wasnt an issue with 6, only with 7, correct

Hello,
is this issue with a Gmail account or a different one?

Regards,
Olivia

Gmail

Mine is also Gmail.  When I drag and drop an email to a folder, it  copies the email into the destination folder. The email, however, remains in both the inbox and destination folder.  If I then delete it from the inbox, it deletes it in the destination folder as well.

Hello,
with the improved Gmail label support the google accounts now behave the same as on the web interface.
If you just drag from one folder to another, the item will be moved.
If you, however, move the message from a Search result, the new label will be just added and you will need to remove the previous label.

Regards,
Olivia

That is disappointing.  Is there an easy way to change labels?  Especially from the search screen?

Right-click the message>Categorize>Uncheck the label you want to remove.