Can i restore backup into local folder?

Hi folks.
Is it possible to restore a backup.zip, which is created by em client itself, into a local folder i have created ?
So basically, to treat the emclients backup.zip like a file and import all its database contents into a chosen destination (e.g. in local folders)?

Thank you very much.

You can certainly extract the eM Client backup.zip file into any folder you like, but I don’t think you can then manually import anything separately out of that, other than restoring the entire backup.zip completely via “Menu / File / Restore” or replacing your current eM Client hidden roaming profile folder with the backup.zip complete contents.

Do you need to restore items out of the .zip file individuallly / separately for some reason ?

Hi. Thanks for your response.
Yes, i wanted to import a backup into local folders, check the imported mails and copy needed ones from there to several imap-accounts.

I want to be sure, that restoring a former backup does not mix up old mails into my live accounts. I want them to be in local folders and then i decide which ones to put into my live accounts.
Thanks, Sir, for your efforts

Yes, i wanted to import a backup into local folders, check the imported mails and copy needed ones from there to several imap-accounts.

If the eM Client backup.zip was an eg: old POP account, you could remove all your current IMAP accounts and then restore your backup.zip file via “Menu / File / Restore”.

Then create a folder down in Local folders called eg: Old mail, and then drag / move all your old POP mail and folders down under Old Mail.

Next once you are certain it’s all under Old mail, then readd all your IMAP accounts where your IMAP mail and folders will then automatically come back.

Lastly drag up whatever POP mail you want from Old mail in local folders at the bottom left to your IMAP folders at the top. You can then ultimately remove the POP account when completed.